Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval

tag
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval

Hi there -

I used to be a big fan of cash back cards, but priorities change, and I am finding that I like travel points instead. I was approved for Chase Sapphire Reserve in March 2018. 

My DC card has been a daily driver for me, but I decided to get apply for the Chase Freedom Unlimited to complete the so-called Chase Trifecta and really start working on accumulating more URs for general spend. This was not an instant approval, as I applied on 11/26. My initial email stated: "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible. Thanks for choosing Chase." The automated application status line stated I would hear back in 30 days. 

While in a meeting this morning, I saw a call come through from Wilmington, DE, but no message was left. I checked my account online, and it appears that I have been approved with $10k SL. (Could my outgoing message have verification? Don't know.)

Approval Data Points

Application: 11/26 with 30 day message

Approved: 11/30, $10k SL

Recent accounts: 2/24, last approved app 3/2018 (failed app 9/2018 with BoA)

Pulled: EQ (F8 819, 0HP), EX (F8 813, 2HP)

Other Chase Products: Freedom (2008, $7.5k), Marriott (2014, $7.5k), CSR (2018, $35k), Amazon Prime (2018, $25k)

Did burn Chase with BK7 in 2007; otherwise, thick file, AAoA over 8 years on all three CR, AoYA 8 months, income in 6 figures. 

I'm back in the garden for the forseeable future. Thanks for the all the great information the forums. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval

Congrats on your approval 

Message 2 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job i ❤ Smiley Happy Chase likes you to fly with them . I myself mske 6 figures, but probably more 6 dollarsSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 17
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Thanks, AJC. Chase and Citi have been gracious to me, despite our past history, and for that, I am eternally grateful (and loyal Smiley Wink). BoA...not so much (and that's okay). 

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice approval! Congrats! 

Message 5 of 17
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. That's awesome.
Message 7 of 17
Lemark
Contributor

Congratulations! Same thing happened when I got CSR. I applied got 30 day, in a few hours 7- 10 days and few days magically saw on online profile.

wellsfargoamexamexamexamexamexboaboaboa
caponechasechasewellsfargoamexchasechasechasebbyciticitidsrapplecardpncwellsfargo
Message 8 of 17
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Great SL to begin with.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 17
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Freedom Unlimited approval! That's a great addition to the CSR... now you get min of 1.5 UR pts on everything! Great choice and congrats on completing the "Chase Trifecta."

Personally, I think the rotating Freedom categorys are too much to keep up with and now with the new Chase offers, we can get additional Cash back on more specific places anyway! I like the Duo of Freedom Unlimited + CSP/CSR better than the "trifecta." 

Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.