Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval!

Went to Chase's prequal page and had 4 cards. Freedom, FU, Slate, and CSP. Kind of shocked to see any prequal, so I applied for the Unlimited. Wanted a simple cash back card and read good things about Chase.

Applied and got the 30 day message/email. Called the status line right after and got the 2 week message. From what I've read, that was a good thing. But, this being my first real card, I was nervous. Called the line on the 2nd, spoke to a CSR who sent me a code to confirm who I was and she then sent me to lending. Took a chance and stayed on the line, from what I've read most suggest hanging up. Talked to Greg in lending about the weather for a minute, put me on hold, then came back and sent me to verification. Guy there sent me another code and asked me to send in fax with DL and current address and I'll get a response in 1 to 2 weeks. So struggled through a fax machine and sent that in 30 minutes later. About a hour passes and I decide to call again, sent to verification and talked to a really nice lady there. She verified my documents and came back saying she wanted to be the first to congratulate me on my approval! I was very excited to say they least.

Freedom Unlimited $3500 SL.

Scores 650-680. 3rd card. Cap1 secured 500 CL about 8 months old, and Cap1 Platinum Preferred 1000 CL that just hit the first statement.

Thanks for all the info about Chase on here, got my card in the mail a few days back. Any tips or advice on this card is appreciated as well. How is Chase about CLI down the road? I always PIF and only let 5 to 8 percent report.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval!

Nice job, congratulations!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Good work!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Wish I can get back in with Chase.

Message 4 of 10
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval, that is a nice jump in CL. 

Thanks for sharing the sequence to get to get through the recon.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you big time.. Chase is a nice score. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Very nice indeed.
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on a big step upSmiley Happy. Chase can do auto increases for the chosen few but normally their cli are hps. Some wisdom here is that its usually best to app another card for your hp snd then you can move limits around . If you got 4 prequals , Chase seems to like you so take care of your card and more doors will open for youSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS & WELCOME to the Chase Unlimited family!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.