Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval

@Anonymous wrote:
I am currently too parenoid about having to many inquireries to ask capitol one for anything ...

The link I gave you is a CapI pre-qual link. It's for existing card members to see if they qualify for better deals within Cap1. It costs nothing -- no HP, no HF (hard feelings). Cap1 puts it out there because: it's better they keep a customer with a better deal than not at all.

I tried it weekly until I got upgraded. Saved me $39. 

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just followed the link and got a message that the offer was no longer available.
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just followed the link and got a message that the offer was no longer available.

Right. That means they're not going to give you anything better TODAY. It doesn't mean they won't give it to you another time. 

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I'll keep trying in the future.

Hopefully the new tradeline and CL will give a bump to my score.

I followed the link through my phone's browser and It seemed to only check the Platinum secured card.
When I follow the link does it automatically check all accounts for offers or just one at a time?
Message 14 of 27
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

Word of advice- I think you should garden for a while. Chase does not like alot of new accounts opened after you opened your Freedom U account. 

You might also want to take sometime and strategize a plan to get the C1 30 late removed via goodwill.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking the same sjt. I really don't need the credit card, I just want good credit.

I was looking for free ways to get a more complete profile of my credit and tried the credit journey score. When they offered that card I figured it was a good card to have.

I'm pretty bummed out about the 30 day lates on my record. They really hit me hard when they showed up on my report a few months ago. I just got lazy on keeping track of things. I didn't realize how bad a thirty day late was until I started cruising these forums (and I got two of then from the same month) . It seemed all the people around me made bad financial decisions and I was learning by their example. Its something I'm really kicking myself for now.

But you are right I'll keep the Freedom Unlimited for a while before I do anything else. I hope in the near future I'll have good news about the 30 day lates being removed and the charge off getting deleted.
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheers to you. you're the reason I pulled the trigger and got an approval!

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CFU approval! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 27
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.