Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited - Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited - Approval

I finally got approval for a Chase card after getting denied about 8-10 months prior. My application was previously denied when I applied about a week ago because Chase needed verification, and I believe my application was approved about 2-3 days after I faxed the required documents to them. 

My CL on the card is only $500, which isn't the biggest deal in the world to me because this card is going to become my general spend card outside of resturaunts and supermarkets since I now have the AMEX Gold aswell, and my two current credit cards (Discover IT & BoA Cash Rewards) will only revolve 1% utilization and both of them combined only give me a total CL of nearly $5000. 

Going to put heavy spending through this card and let the statement cut at 10% util and PIF as usual and hope to get a decent credit increase on the Freedom Unlimited in 6-12 months time. And then I'll try applying for the CSP in 1.5-2 years from now when a majority of my inquiries get erased.

Current scores, EXP: 714, TU: 723, EQ: 717

3CBE00FB-9619-43B7-B2A5-4A2D8AA57626.jpeg

37 REPLIES 37
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited - Approval

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you AllZero!

Message 3 of 38
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats there

Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, really hoping for a CLI soon. 

Message 6 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 38
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 8 of 38
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally got approval for a Chase card after getting denied about 8-10 months prior. My application was previously denied when I applied about a week ago because Chase needed verification, and I believe my application was approved about 2-3 days after I faxed the required documents to them. 

My CL on the card is only $500, which isn't the biggest deal in the world to me because this card is going to become my general spend card outside of resturaunts and supermarkets since I now have the AMEX Gold aswell, and my two current credit cards (Discover IT & BoA Cash Rewards) will only revolve 1% utilization and both of them combined only give me a total CL of nearly $5000. 

Going to put heavy spending through this card and let the statement cut at 10% util and PIF as usual and hope to get a decent credit increase on the Freedom Unlimited in 6-12 months time. And then I'll try applying for the CSP in 1.5-2 years from now when a majority of my inquiries get erased.

Current scores, EXP: 714, TU: 723, EQ: 717

3CBE00FB-9619-43B7-B2A5-4A2D8AA57626.jpeg

Congratulations on your Chase approval!

They can be a tough nut to crack.

BTW no such thing as "ONLY" in credit.

$500.00 from Chase is a great start,

enjoy your success,

Cheers

Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. I was just approved a few days ago fro this crad. Cant wait to use it.

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.