Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval!

tag
bandeapart
Established Member

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval!

Happy Sunday!  I applied for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card this morning and was approved with a $13,200 SL!  Then I flew a little too close to the sun and tried for the Sapphire Preferred and was straight up denied.  I'll be curious to see the letter when it comes.  

My stats: already have a relationship with Chase with the Amazon Prime card ($2k limit).  Income $233k.  FICO8 scores - EQ 772 / TU 818 / EX 773.  One 30-day late baddie on EQ and EX from a Target RedCard, which I assume is causing the discrepancy between those two scores and my TU.  Baddie turns 5 years old this month, file is otherwise clean.  Two hard pulls in the past year (both from a mortgage refi we applied for in May).  Util well under 1% on approx $100k in avail credit.  Was at 2/24 at the time of app.

Overall very happy with this.  It's been a long road through rebuilding with store cards and Capital One to now.  After the refi and this card (which I'm happy to get for the 1-year 5% cashback on groceries amongst other things) I think I'm going to hang in the garden for a bit.

Side note: was denied for AmEx BCP on Friday, was already a cardholder (Bonvoy, Delta Plat, ED).  They soft-pulled EX and said that my util across the board and account balances on AmEx cards were too high.  Util ATB like mentioned above is < 1% and my AmEx balances are and have been at zero for several months because of the refi, so I don't know what their deal is.  Maybe I'm not meant to run with the grown-ups just yet between that denial and CSP Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: EQ: 594 / TU: 614 / EX: 614
Current Score: EQ: 773 / TU: 800 / EX: 766
Goal Score: 800 ATB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Approval!

Congrats on the approval!

Message 2 of 15
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great.

A good addition to what you currently had

Thanks

Mark

Message 4 of 15
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

You got a hot Chase approval here, 13.2K is a fantastic SL.

Congratulations!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 5 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your new CFU card👍

Message 6 of 15
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Chase approval!  Just spend some time in the greenery for a while and you'll get more opportunities.  That's a nice SL, good for you!

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 7 of 15
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Congratulations

Message 8 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your freedom unlimited approval Smiley Happy

Chase doesnt really like to approve 2 cards back to back but if in the future you are going to try this again go for the top shelf card first then the lower.

Message 9 of 15
bandeapart
Established Member

Doh! Yeah, I thought about this after it was too late, but I'm still very happy with the outcome. I'll let this ride for a bit and maybe next year I'll try for the CSP!

Starting Score: EQ: 594 / TU: 614 / EX: 614
Current Score: EQ: 773 / TU: 800 / EX: 766
Goal Score: 800 ATB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.