Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approved, Now part of Chase family

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approved, Now part of Chase family

Hello All,

Been sitting on applying for Chase cards since I was denied for an Amazon card almost a year ago. My credit has improved. Bankruptcy is off all 3 CRA after 10 long years. Only baddie left is a synch/Lowe's charge off from 2012. It's already off my TransUnion. Just waiting for it to drop off Experian and Equifax. I have a Chase checking account and my finger became itchy. Pulled the trigger on CFU today and instant approval for $7900 ( why they couldn't just give me the even 8k SL is beyond me). But it's at 24.99% Smiley Frustrated ouch! But I rarely carry high balances so. They pulled Exp and Equ for me and I'm in Florida.

Now it may be time to give the axe to Credit One with their stupid low limit!!! So let me get this straight, by cancelling them it won't hurt my score??

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Approved, Now part of Chase family

You’ll lose the available credit but it’s credit one any thing over 500 is generous. The account itself should report for several years, it could be 7 10 or more. I have 2 Amex cards that were closed 2011 or 2012 and they’re still there hanging out. I’d definitely drop the axe on credit one, they probably charged you a fee for mentioning them.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 2 of 24
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

But still be nice to Chase.  It is known for being not nice to folks with bad credit.  Some even got credit taken back...

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Chase FU approval!

Message 4 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy i wouldnt expect great aprs from Chase anyway. They're like the rich man's Synchrony lolSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!  Chase is weird with those fractional SL's.  I saw a few $3400 sl and thought why not go a hundred more.  Good job on recovering from BK, it's definitely a long road and getting another chance with a card like CFU is a nice reward.

Message 6 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 7 of 24
jpro
Established Member

Congrats on the approval OP! 🙌🏽
Current Cards
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
CongratsSmiley Happy i wouldnt expect great aprs from Chase anyway. They're like the rich man's Synchrony lolSmiley Wink

Haaa. I figured but I'm just happy I'm in with the cool kids now. Man Very Happy

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the explanation. Calling today to say buh-bye. Never been so excited to cancel something lol.

@addicted_to_credit wrote:
You’ll lose the available credit but it’s credit one any thing over 500 is generous. The account itself should report for several years, it could be 7 10 or more. I have 2 Amex cards that were closed 2011 or 2012 and they’re still there hanging out. I’d definitely drop the axe on credit one, they probably charged you a fee for mentioning them.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.