Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approved after recon

tag
Meskini
New Contributor

Chase Freedom Unlimited Approved after recon

I went on app spree last month and I applied for few cards without thinking I was going to get approved , because I only have one year credit which is considered thin and most of my cards were secured during 2018.

I applied for CFU on December 2nd, I got the usual messages: 30 days then changed to two weeks, then to 7-10 days. I received the answer and it was a denial.  I immediately called and asked for reconsideration mentioning that I just opened a checking account with Chase with an initial deposit of 50k. while waiting I applied and got approved for the following cards: 

- Amex Gold and Amex Cash Magnet ($2000) this was huge because i'm officialy off Amex blacklist.

- Capitalone Quicksilver ($1000)

- Paypal Mastercard Cashback ($300)

- U.S. Bank Platinum ($1000)

Today I logged into my Chase account and the CFU account was listed, I was approved for $6800. This is my biggest CL so far. 

Now that I have all these cards, I'm thinking about closing Capitalone QS1, Capitalone and U.S bank secured cards. any suggestions are much appreciated as my next plan is to simplify my wallet. 

Thank you all for your help, without this community I couldn't do any better than this. 

We live and learn!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited Approved after recon

Congrats on the approval.
Message 2 of 19
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and the CL

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 19
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! I would recommend gardening for about 6-12 months to help age your new accounts and do agree on closing out the cards you don't need. If you have secured cards, I would start closing them out. But I would stagger it though. Can you list what cards (include CL) you have now including the secured ones?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 19
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

You beat Chase. 😮 LOL big congrats there

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on successful recon and approval 

I just wanted to ask, why apply for CM and Freedom unlimited at the same time, as both of these cards are 1.5% (just like your  QS1). 

I get the blacklist part, and it must be great to no longer be on one, but Chase Freedom might have been a better choice or a different Amex revolver. 

I dont know how long  (if) you have to wait for PC with Chase, but I'd look into switching to Freedom to minimize redundancies  in cash back. 

Message 6 of 19
Meskini
New Contributor

Thank you guys! Smiley Happy

I'm going to garden for at least another year, i don't have choice anyway since I live abroad and I visit one a year so it has to be at least one year before i come back home which is a kind of help Smiley Happy

My secured cards are Capitalone platinum ($750), and US Bank secured ($400). I'm also considering either closing or combine my Capitalone QS1 ($700) with my new CapitalOne QS when i'm illigible.

I already called to close them but my problem is to get my deposits back ($400x2) i need to allow 2 month to process. by then I won't be home to receive the checks so maybe i should just wait unless if they can return the deposits as credit to my accounts instead of checks.

We live and learn!
Message 7 of 19
Meskini
New Contributor

To be honest i didn't care about applying for cards with similar benefits, all what I wanted is to get approved hoping it will affect positively my credit.  I know it's probably stupid but it is what it is now.

We live and learn!
Message 8 of 19
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Meskini wrote:

- Amex Gold and Amex Cash Magnet ($2000) this was huge because i'm officialy off Amex blacklist.

How long were you on the Amex blacklist?

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good deal I'm waiting to hear back from chase on my FU application. I got the 7 to 10 days msg.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.