Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited - Approved

tag
black_citi
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom Unlimited - Approved

I burned chase back in 2009. I thought I would NEVER be able to get a credit card from them again. I was saddened because they are my favorite big bank. I have tried to get approved for their cards since then but every time would be a denial. I gave up about 3 years ago. 

Last year I opened up a savings account with them. This year (yesturday actually 1/29/2019) they sent me an invite to apply for the Slate card. Haven't gotten an invite letter from them in over 10 years. I looked at the letter and was happy to finally get a letter from them but I tore the letter up and threw it in the garbage.

Today (1/30/2019), I got an email from Chase to apply for the Freedom Unlimited card. I wanted that card so I decided to log onto my account and see if that card was offered to me. Only the Slate showed up but I decided to chance it and apply for the FU anyways since that is the card I wanted. 

Nervous as hell I hit the submit button after filling out my info.... 

"Congratulations, you're Approved!!"

Those words on that page sent a feeling through me that is undescribable. I think I spelled that word wrong.

I know it's just a stinking credit card but I have been wanting to get back with Chase for so long. Starting limit is $1800 and APR is 25.99%. Those numbers can get higher and lower respectfully so I am fine with that starting limit. 

This Chase card now makes credit card number 6 of the cards I have. Capital One Venture, Capital One Quicksilver, Citi Double Cash, AMEX Blue Cash, DCU Platinum and lastly, my new friend, Chase Freedom Unlimited. 

I will NEVER burn Chase (or any card company) again. 

Make More, Spend Less
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited - Approved

Congrats OP! Another approval from Chase with mediocre scores. Bravo 👏
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! It always feels great to hit a goal when you’re on your journey!

I wouldn’t hold my breath on lower APR though. It’s my understanding that Chase doesn’t reduce your APR. Not a big deal if you don’t carry a balance anyway though. 

Message 3 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats OpSmiley Happy. Yeah, that apr is stuck, sorry.

Brandon, those scores are not mediocre by any standard though they might be a little low from a Chase viewpointSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 12
black_citi
Established Contributor

Actually those scores you see are 2 years old. I haven't been on this site in 2 years so my scores across the board are over 700 now.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 5 of 12
black_citi
Established Contributor

Oh well. Yea I won't carry a balance so the apr isn't a big deal now.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 6 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on getting a Chase CC again!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Chase Freedom Unlimited approval and getting back in with Chase! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and journey! I don't see the Freedom UL card in your sig yet Smiley Wink

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 12
black_citi
Established Contributor

I gotta update the signature. Haven't been on here in so long Smiley Happy Some of those cards i no longer have.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.