Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI HP Gamble

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI HP Gamble

I hate to says it, but the best way to get CLI's with Chase is app for another card or double app. Sounds crazy ..but it works. I took all my HPs for Chase last year in a 6 months period. Ended up with 6 cards total. I've consolidated down to 4 cards now.
There's no need for me to ever ask for CLI's from them any more. If I want to increase my limits on a card, I just move them around. Those HPs will all fall off next year. Though most are already pass the 1 year mark.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1

That's what I've been reading a lot here. If you were to request a CLI from Chase u might as well app for a new card.

Only problem with me is I think I've reached my 5/24 rule with Chase. Heck I would love for a CSP or CSR..

Message 12 of 18
krielly
Established Contributor

I've had my Chase card for years (it was previously a WAMU card). Never EVER received an auto CLI. Still stuck at 1000 CL.

This is my lowest limit on any card and my scores are all 800+, less than 1% UTIL, only 1 new card in the last 2 years. It was originally a Chase Rewards, and I PC'd it to a Freedom, thinking maybe that would make a difference. Nope Smiley Happy

I'm starting to believe that some of these former WAMU cards were flagged to prevent any growth whatsoever...

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@krielly

Wow! I guess this makes me feel a lil better.. Bright side is I'm going to move on from this and focus on Gardening and improving my scores.

Message 14 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Erik..you go after cobranded cards that aren't in the 5/24. My exposure is just shy of $50k with Chase after the double app spree. Before that it was $1500 for 8 years. They would never give me an increase on it.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1

Sorry, totally new to this.. Can you give an example of a cobranded cards?

Message 16 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Cobranded cards are IHG, AARP, Hyatt, Marriott and Disney. There are others. Research Chase branded cards not under 5/24 in the forums.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1

Ah.. I see now.. Thanks..

I gotta research some cards that HP TU or EQ. These past apps I did were only hitting me on EX.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.