Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI

Hey everyone ! Been lurking around the forums for some time now and decided to finally make an account and post. So I recently just got my credit up to 675 TU, 650 EF ( I think that's the appreciations) and my EX hasn't updated yet. I've had my Freedom Unlimited ($500) for about 7 months now with about 40% util, and recently PIF the past two months. I was being impatient for an auto CLI, so I called the number on the back of the card to ask for an increase. To my surprise, Chase approved me to $5000 from $500!! I was thrilled, I was recently approved for a slate as well a week before, but only for 500. Should I keep the slate at 500? Or call and ask for the limit to be higher??
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited CLI

Keep the Slate, but I would wait at least 6 months before asking for a increase.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard they do a HP on CLI's.. Do you know what Bureau they pull?

My FICO atm: EQ: 684 TU: 676 EX: 655

Seems like all my applications this yr they have been hitting me on EX that is why its noticebly lower.

Would love to get a CLI as well.. Been having a hard time trying to work with 1K SL.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It hasn't shown on my CK yet. 

When I got approved for the Slate, they HP TU. 

I tried financing a motorcycle, and they hit me with 3 inq to my TU, Which pissed me off, but still glad I got the CLI for my freedom unlimited to 5000

Quick question as well, Since I have 5000 CL on my FU, Does that make the card a Visa Siggy?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iTheDanny

Oh good if they HP me on TU. Hope not EX, as these CC Apps have been hittin me on EX which made my EX score 655 far down from TU  and EQ.

Well anyways.. I went ahead and requested a CLI via phone call, got an immediate Pending letter status, which I immediately called Chase Credit Analyst who reviewed my application on the spot, she grilled me on a charge off that happened 13yrs ago with Washington Mutual told her I lost my job that time.

She only gave me 1K CLI making my new CL $2K now..

I don't even know if that was worth a HP.. Oh well.. It is what it is.. I guess its better than nothing. 

Message 5 of 8
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried financing a motorcycle, and they hit me with 3 inq to my TU, Which pissed me off, but still glad I got the CLI for my freedom unlimited to 5000

Quick question as well, Since I have 5000 SL on my FU, Does that make the card a Visa Siggy?

Once your card is 1yr old,mthen you can request a siggy.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick question as well, Since I have 5000 SL on my FU, Does that make the card a Visa Siggy?

Once your card is 1yr old,mthen you can request a siggy.

I actually was curious, so I called in and they actually changed my card over to Visa Siggy! New card will be coming in 3-5 days!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, whats so special about a Visa signature (siggy) anyway?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.