Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited (Platinum Acct) Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited (Platinum Acct) Approved

I'm writing this so some of you can be encouraged! We all know it's hard to be approved for any Chase card, I've been banking with them since 2013. They have never even offered me to apply. I had an Chase card but I did not applied directly through them it was the Amazon visa. I got through Amazon not knowing there will be a Chase logo. $1,500 in 6/2016 Chase closed in 6 months by error then advised to just apply again. I was bummed it was my 2nd major card with the highest. Citi was $200. Anyway I knew better to apply right away again. I wait until 5/2017 applied through them directly was denied.

I didn't applied again until 3 wks ago . 9/16/19 btw the $1,500 is paid off. I said I'm just going to try. All 3 scores are in mid 600's I signed in my banking online to applied. We recieved your application is under review and we will notified you asap, no ref # either. I did not get unfortunately or 7-10 days or 30 days. I said ok it's not a yes or no I'll be patient. (7-10 days doesn't not mean you're denied. if you do not see a not approved after . A lot of people says that but it's not true) I called after 7 days still say under review said the mail a letter to prove it's me for some reason they couldn't find SSN in their system. Called on Tuesday this week told them I have not receive their letter. Rep looked me up and said it was not approved but I told her that can't be when they told me they sent a letter for my documents, then she said yes we're waiting to decide. I got the letter Wednesday this week. It states to fax/mail in within 14 days of notice date your id, ssn/itin prove of address and copy of notice. Well I didn't have enough ink to fax and went to Chase before close faxed and still mailed out. Teller said wait 4 hrs then call them it was just before closing time, I waited until morning. Rep didn't see the fax she went to look came back in 2m said she found them and Congrats you've been approved for $1,000. I didn't receive my card as yet I should get early next week it's already on my online banking🙂 Btw I prayed over the application before submitting 😊.

Be patient with your credit that's all it takes really. If you want to apply for any card and is doubtful give yourself another 3-6 months to build up.

They have the 5/24 -2/24 rule. I think I'm in the 5/24 still got an approval. I think they count credit that's even if you were denied. I got Citi $200 5/2016, Cap1$500 9/2017, applied for couple more in 2018 denied. Bofa 2/2019 $500 auto increase soon. Some say they check store cards to the rules, some say no. Fingerhut $500 9/2016 closed -paid off. VS 11/2016 $500 auto CLI 1/2019 now $650. Overstock 11/2018 $250 auto CLI 5/2019 now $450. C21 1/2019 $250 auto CLI 10/4 now $850. Ann Tay/loft $500 approved 5 days ago. I don't plan to apply for morr credit soon. I'm going to be patient and keep building!

I hope this help someone to strategize better 🙂 as long as you have good relationships with the banks they look at that. They want you as a customer keep that in mind.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited (Platinum Acct) Approved

Congrats on your new CFU card !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Chase FU approval!

Message 3 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I was happy to share my journey. Will post more as I get updates.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.