Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited and Saphire Preferred Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited and Saphire Preferred Approvals

Hello everyone, I've been reading this forum for months now and decided to register today. I am relatively new to credit cards (Nov'15 my first secured card with Capital) and since then I worked hard to keep my credit healthy!!!

I always wanted Saphire Card from them but after talking to friends and reading here about Chase being so difficult to new credit card holders (I even have friends who actually applied several times and got denied), I resisted to apply myself and always said I stand no chance, especially since I have 9 HP already.

In meantime just couple months ago I was getting mail offers from Chase and AMEX, and I thought let me give a shot to AMEX but got denied twice. And that's when I decided to give a try to Chase. First I said let me apply for Unlimited (a start of business with Chase, and then after 6 months I will apply for Saphire) and got 30 day message...called the number two days after and computer generated voice said 'You're Approved'...I was shocked lol. Then I was curious to know what is my limit but I couldn't find any ways how to find that beside waiting for mail within 10 days of bussiness. Just last night was lurking through this forum and was reading stories how people applied for 2 cards within a week with Chase and generated only one HP...couldn't resist but apply lol for Saphire...I got 30 day message again, called the number this morning and automatically got into represantative call. She just asked me 2 questions and I answered and she congratulated me for Saphire Card Smiley Happy...I jumped from joy.

Unlimited - 4k

Saphire - 7.5k

TU - 729

EQ - 719

EX - 694

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited and Saphire Preferred Approvals

Welcome to MyFICO

Congrats on the Chase approvals

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it is worth mention the other cards that I have as well, just anything to help others who thinks they will not get approved for Chase because of 5/24 rule etc etc.

Oct'15 - Applied for Citi and Discover - Both Denied

Nov'15 - Secured Card - CL 615

Feb'16 - AMEX - Denied

Feb'16 - Capital Quicksilver - Denied

Mar'16 - Discover It - Approved 1k (Auto Luv 2k after 3 month, requested raise to 6k - Approved, Another CLI Request 3 months after to 10k - Approved)

Jun'16 - Best Buy - Approved 2k

Oct'16 - Citi Double Cash - Approved 1.5k (Auto Luv to 3k after 6 months)

Nov'16 - AMEX - Denied

Feb'17 - Citi Personal Loan - Approved

Apr'17 - Chase Unlimited & Saphire Approved

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

So Freedom was your 5th card, and Sapphire your 6th within two years. Seems you slipped through as the Freedom hadn't reported yet, but Chase should have known about the account none the less. Interesting.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schwartzinator wrote:
So Freedom was your 5th card, and Sapphire your 6th within two years. Seems you slipped through as the Freedom hadn't reported yet, but Chase should have known about the account none the less. Interesting.

I closed my secured card with capital so technically Freedom is 4th and Saphire 5th. The represantative actually told me Access Line for both cards when I called today, so Chase is aware of both cards...Also they did only one HP which is amazing considering I already have 10 HP!!!

Message 6 of 8
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Closed or open shouldn't matter if it was reported within the last 24 months from all accounts I've seen. Never the less, congrats!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to myfico & congratulations on your Chase approvals Addy1983 good job! 😊
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.