Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimited approval

I’m finally in the chase family and on my way to the Chase trifecta. I recently paid off a collection and my FICO scores went up over 100 points TU 780 and Experian 755 so i decided to apply. Experian was pulled for this card. I was instantly approved for $1,500 which I was a little disappointed in but my current Cap 1cards cl is only $500. Next up is the Chase Sapphire Preferred 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited approval

Good job... I have it,  about 1.2 years now, I got the $150 cash back after spending I think it was $500.. I never had any Problems with Chase... I also have the Regular Freedom card which every quarter cash back at different places. But for the last 3 quarters with this card, I use my Chase Pay, (Samsung Pay) and yes I have been getting 5% cash back everywhere with it. I have 3 cards from chase loaded in there, but i'll mainly use the Regular Freedom for the 5% deal, Instead of the CFU because it's only 1.5% cash back...  But I did recommend the CFU to 3 other people, and I got the 30,000 points or ($300.00) for their approval on that. So again, Congrats on your approval, I would go for the Regular Freedom 1st for the 5% cash back when using your phone to pay ... (Before the CSP or CSR) Tho I am still enjoying the CFU for 18 months ZERO interest... Smiley Happy But if your nerdy like me Next one you should go for is the Freedom and follow in your Chase website of when and where you get the 5%... Like I said Chase has had it in the quarterly section for 3 of the 4 Quarters Chase Pay... I also have the CSP I got 2.5 months ago, and I just bought a new Snowplow for My 2015 truck.. It was $5600. So what I did is put that on my CSP, collected the 50k  points ($500.00), then about 1.5 weeks before the due date hit, I transfered the $5600. To my also Freshly open Navy Fed Platinum for the 12 months ZERO interest Deal which.. So Now I'll pay $500 a month on that, and will enjoy ZERO interest on the entire purchase, for a whole year (using Chase's & NFCU's money Smiley Happy AND collected the $500 from Chase with the spend $4k in 3 months deal... Alot of people badmouth Chase... They have been WONDERFUL for Me... Never late, etc etc... Don't play with them or like any credit card, Burn em, AND they will MELT you... Smiley Happy

Sorry for the rant.. But CFU is a cool card... But after the 18 months it's a higher interest card for folk that Don't pay it off fully after the 18 months and then your into high APR...That's why I also got the NFCU plat so which I normally DON't carry a high balance on any card, But I did get a SHHHWEET APR on my NFCU platinum for 7.99 apr... That is the lowest anywhere on ANY Card, That I have Seen... So again CONGRATS on your FU, and follow some of the scenario's and Chase will reward you nicely... Smiley Happy

Any Questions... Just ask away...!!!

Ken

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CFU approval!  As far as the CSP is concerned, I would wait at least 6 months before applying.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent!! Congratulations on your Chase approval.....great card....Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 👍🏾
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I’m finally in the chase family and on my way to the Chase trifecta. I recently paid off a collection and my FICO scores went up over 100 points TU 780 and Experian 755 so i decided to apply. Experian was pulled for this card. I was instantly approved for $1,500 which I was a little disappointed in but my current Cap 1cards cl is only $500. Next up is the Chase Sapphire Preferred 

Grats!

May worth doing a calculation to see if CSR is a better deal than CSP. I regret I got CSP instead of CSR, the AF really cut down the reward, particularly when CSP only have 2 points per dollar.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point. I'll have to check it out
Message 8 of 14
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Approval Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.