cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card approval after burned in bk approved after recon call CL 1100

tag
BigOrange
New Contributor

Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card approval after burned in bk approved after recon call CL 1100

These folks are tough! I've had Costco Citi, 2 Capital One cards, Kohls, Target, Wayfair, Discover card for years. Perfect pay history, pay off the balance each month. 9.5 years ago after a divorce and recession, I filed BK. Chase has been stubborn. I think the last time I tried was 1 year ago. It was weird, she took all my information ask why I did the charge off etc. Then after being on hold she said they would let me know in 14 days. Immediately after I hung up, I got an email that said what is below. I was shocked. LOL 

This was for the Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card

The decline letter said my credit score was 782.

Does this mean I will be able to finally get a Chase Amazon card? That's what I really want!

Congratulations. We have approved your request for a Chase credit card.
You'll receive your new card and welcome kit in the mail in 3 to 5 business days.
Thanks for choosing Chase. We look forward to serving you.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card approval after burned in bk approved after recon call

Congrats on your Chase Freedom Unlimited approval

Message 2 of 19
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card approval after burned in bk approved after recon call

Congrats on your recon and Chase Freedom Unlimited approval.

It's nice you got the approval email instead of having to wait 14 days for a 50/50 "snail mail" decision. 

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 3 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CFU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 19
arifjk
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval. You are officially off the blacklist. 

AVEN Visa $80k; BCU LOC $50k; PSECU LOC: $20K; Langley FCU LOC $10K; CuSoCal LOC $25k; BECU LOC: 15k; Apple FCU LOC $20k

Message 5 of 19
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Wonderful CFU approval! Congrats!

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 6 of 19
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congratulations! Any idea of cl? I'm about 9 months shy of bk off eq and ex. Tu took it off years ago via a dispute.

Message 7 of 19
Laredo
Contributor

Hard work and patience paid off.  Congratulations 

(Ch13 Discharged 07/22) Current Cards: American Express Gold: NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Everyday: $15,000 | American Express Delta SkyMiles Platinum: $1,700 | Navy Federal Credit Union Cash Rewards: $10,000 | Dover Federal Credit Union Cash Back: $10,000 | Penfed Cash Rewards: $7,500 | Truist Enjoy Cash: $5,500 | Truist Enjoy Travel: $5,500 | Truist Future: $3,500 | Bread American Express Cash Back $8,500 | Discover it $12,000 | USAA Rewards Amex $12,000 | Kohl’s $800 | Care Credit $7,000 | Lowes $3,000 | Amazon Store Card $1,500 | Jared $5,000
Total Revolving Credit: $108,500
Closed Rebuild Cards: Ollo Platinum: $3,900 | Ollo Rewards: $3,000 | Mercury $3,000 | Surge Card $1,000
Message 8 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WOOHOO! Congratulations on your recon'd Chase approval!!🎉🍾🥂

Message 9 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Grats on the CFU Approval!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.