cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimited

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Chase Freedom Unlimited

Hi All,

Hearty thanks to the MF team for all the advice, support and knowledge transfer.  I explained in a differeant post that I had a mortgage with Chase that was foreclosed on back in 2007\2008.  I have an auto loan Chase since Jan 2015.  I've been in rebuild mode for quite some time and felt like I was finally at a point to take chance to see if they(Chase) would show me a little love.   

Data Points as of 6\16

EX - 730

TU - 727

EQ - 718

Income $180,000

AAoA - 7yr 8 mos

Utilization - 17%, as i'm waiting for reports to update

Inquiries - combined are 9 in last two years, with 3 being fraudulent, and two recent inquiries form Amex(with whom i've been a cardholder since 2006)

Recently added my 4th Amex - Cash Magnet, and my first Discover card.  I was in the Garden for several years and these were the fist two cards   added in over 5 years.

Needless to say, I recently opened a checking account with Chase, went back to provide military ID and ask if I had a preapproval.  Banker gave me some spiel about Chase internal scoring system, so it sounded no good.  I went home and applied online.  Got the "30 day message".  I finally called to see if it was a verification issue, which it wasn't.  They then transferred me to underwriting, which I had read was not a good group to speak to but i figured, I have nothing to hide.  After a couple of minutes on hold, she came back and said "Approved".  $5.4k limit, which is close to lowest card (cap1).  All other cards are 10k and up.

I'm honestly just happy to be in.  Hopefully in a few months i'll see the infamous "green check mark" that many you have referenced so I can apply for the CSP!

Thank you all again for the invaluable info and support!!

December 2017. EQ 552. EX 565. TU 560
Sept 2019. EQ 729. EX 725 TU 730
Goal - 800 across the board
Cards -
NFCU Cash Rewards -- 22k. NFCU Platinum -- 22k NFCU CLOC -- 15k. AMEX ED - 20k. AMEX DS - 2.5k. AMEX Optima -- 1K. AMEX CM -- 1K, Cap1 QS1 - $3k. Cap1 Platinum - $750. Affinity FCU - $12k. Affinity FCU Rewards -- 10k. Affinity FCU LOC - $5k. Discover IT - $16.5k. Lowes -- $10.6K. CFC - $2K Chase FU - $5.4k Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18.4
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimited

congrats on your approval!
Message 2 of 10
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CFU approval!!
Message 3 of 10
Valued Member

Thank you!!

December 2017. EQ 552. EX 565. TU 560
Sept 2019. EQ 729. EX 725 TU 730
Goal - 800 across the board
Cards -
NFCU Cash Rewards -- 22k. NFCU Platinum -- 22k NFCU CLOC -- 15k. AMEX ED - 20k. AMEX DS - 2.5k. AMEX Optima -- 1K. AMEX CM -- 1K, Cap1 QS1 - $3k. Cap1 Platinum - $750. Affinity FCU - $12k. Affinity FCU Rewards -- 10k. Affinity FCU LOC - $5k. Discover IT - $16.5k. Lowes -- $10.6K. CFC - $2K Chase FU - $5.4k Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18.4
Message 4 of 10
Established Contributor

Congratulations! It appears you beat the blacklisting.

Message 5 of 10

Grats on the new Chase card Smiley Happy
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 6 of 10
Super Contributor

Congrats on the Chase FU

Message 7 of 10
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 8 of 10
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new CFU!!!

Current

Goal Cards

Message 9 of 10
Moderator Emeritus

@Dubxl1great come back! Keep on truckin' ... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 300
Current Score: 850
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.