Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Unlimted approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Unlimted approval

Some history/DP

During college I couldn't keep up with my Capital One payments because of other financial obligations such as rent, transportation, etc. and my two credit cards with them were eventually closed. Since then I've been rolling with my debit cards. Fast forward about a year and a half, I started to take my finances and credit seriously. In early Feburary I decided to start my rebuild with a secured Discover IT card with a $200 limit. I then paid off one of the Capital One charge-offs.

A few weeks ago I saw a prequal in my Chase app, decided to jump the gun and apply for it. My scores was at EX - 624, TU - 663 and EQ - 668. My report contained a bunch of student loans and a collection from Capital One which I will pay off next month.

After a phone call with verification and faxing them some more verification, I finally recieved the card today (Thanks to those who replied to my thread in the other section btw). After eight or so years with banking with Chase, this is my first credit card with them. Still shocked that I was approved because of my low scores.

In a couple of months I'll try my luck with the Explorer card since I fly with United a lot, and maybe an Alliant card as well since I also bank with them.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Unlimted approval

BOOM! Congrats on the approval and good luck on the continued rebuild! It takes time, but sounds like you're making a good start! Congrats!

Message 2 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 4 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on getting the unlimited freedom, enjoy Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 24
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Congrats and Welcome Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 24
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

|  
Message 7 of 24
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Freedom Unlimited approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yayyyy congratulations on your CFU approval!

Hard work pays off!
Message 9 of 24
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.