Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom approval

I was previously unable to get any cards due to little credit. I had taken out student loans 18 years ago, but that was it. In November 2017, I applied for and got a Capital One Platinum with a $300 limit. I have used that, and got my credit score up to a 679 (experian/FICO).

From there, with 3 months in with 100% on time payments, I was offered the upgrade to a Quicksilver card from CO, which I accepted. I also have a pending CLI on this card.

Because my goal card is the Chase Sapphire Preferred, after significant research, I applied for the Chase Freedom card, and was approved today with a $2000 limit!

My plan, going forward, is to maximize my spends to get rewards and make multiple payments each month, and due to my high (for me!) amount of credit, keep combined utilization to 10%. In 6 months or so, when I am ready to make a big purchase, I will apply for the Sapphire Preferred.

Small steps, but big jumps!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom approval

Congratulations on the approval! Looks like you have a solid plan to keep moving forward!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and SL! Remember that Chase has the "5/24" rule. Keep up the great work!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. My freedom has $2500 SL. Got it less than a month ago. I might apply for Sapphire Preferred after I get my mortgage. Not qualified until the summer 2019 because of 5/24.
Message 4 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Small steps, but big jumps!

Indeed. Congrats on your new card!

Message 5 of 9
thisguyhere2002

Congrats! It takes time, but you're making progress Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, it will be a spring and summer of gardening!
Message 8 of 9
thummel
Established Contributor

Congrats on your freedom approval!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.