Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom auto-cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom auto-cli

@Anonymous wrote:

I woke up this morning and checked my account and was pleasantly surprised to see a $2,100 auto CLI from Chase! I haven't used the card much, maybe once a month for $1,000 and PIF as soon as statement cuts. Now sitting pretty at $5,600 CL

Wow! Congrats on the Chase Love!

That card will be awesome if you pair it up with a CSP or CSR.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy moly....I just got a $2000 auto-cli on my Freedom card.

A year or so ago, I closed my Slate and moved 1/2 of that CL to my CSP, I also gutted my Freedom and moved $5000 of it to the CSP at the same time.

That left me with a $17.5k CSP and $1k Freedom.

I have been swiping it quite a bit the past few months and always PIF.  Today or yesterday, I logged in and had the $2000 increase, to $3k.  Maybe I'll move $2000 of it back to the CSP.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rockbeater - they must be feeling very generous! I moved $2000 a while back from my Slate to my Freedom. Slate is still sitting at a low limit, but I never swipe that
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my card for 16 months and havent been granted an auto CLI. And don't want to waste a hard pull on it. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had my card for 16 months and havent been granted an auto CLI. And don't want to waste a hard pull on it. 

Never again.. HP for a CLI.. Did it once, and  that was it..

Message 15 of 18
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in a similar situation.  I recently left Chase (after being with them for about 18 years if you include my time at Washington Mutual before Chase aquired them) for Navy Federal as it's ridiculous.  I've had my Freedom card for over 2 years now, and it's now my lowest limit card.  I started at $2200 and it's stayed at $2200.  I use it, put up to 30% on it and pay it off in full after it closes.  And no way I would take a hard pull on it to ask.

Now I will admit, it was my first non-secured card.  I had gotten in trouble with credit in the early 90's, and vowed to never do it again, so I only had a debit card and had zero credit cards.  If I didn't have the money, I didn't buy it (yes that included my cars).  That wasn't an issue until about 3 years ago when I couldn't move as no one would lease to me anymore (20 years of perfect lease/rent history didn't matter) as I had NO credit score (my credit report was completely empty, so was my wifes).  So we started with Discover, they offered us each a secured card, a year in they sent us our money back, and off we went.  So looking back, yeah Chase was the first one to give me a card, but  as I said, I banked with them for 18 years, they better than anyone know my spending/etc. (I've literally run MILLIONS through my bank account in that time with never as much as a single bounced check, overdraft fee, etc.)  But I will assume for sake of argument, different divisions and they don't take that into account.

Either way, my credit score is now mid 700's (purely held back by length of accounts), and every other card I have has a limit that is magnitudes higher than Chase, and I get auto CLI's on them all (I try and not gamble to much with requesting CLI's, as just not really necessary).  So not a huge fan of Chase, and will likely let this card collect dust now.

Message 17 of 18
JC_NuJeru
Valued Member

Congrats!

IN GARDEN UNTIL Dec 2017 Starting Score May 2014 EQ: 586 Feb 2017 - Scores EX: 713 TU: 723 EQ: 717 Goal Score: 750 +
Amex PRG - NPSL, Cap 1 QS Rewards Visa - $10,000, Amex ED - $16,000, PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $15,000, Discover IT - $6000, Cap 1 QS One MC - $4250, Chase Freedom - $3,500, Citi Visa - $5100, Macy's - $8500, BOA Visa - $2500, DCU Visa - $2000, Best Buy - $2000, Cap 1 Platinum MC - $1800. Utilization @ 7%
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.