Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom denied NOW APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom denied NOW APPROVED

Hello 

I have been lurking on this forum for awhile hoping to learn some tips. I applied for a chase freedom tonight it was probably a stupid move but I did it and got the dreaded"application needs farther review". Which I assumed meant denied so I decided to call the backdoor number and the rep confirmed my application was denied. He said that my credit history need to be at least 1 year old (It's 10 months). Do I give up or call back? I just started banking chase and I really want this card if even its just a 500 limit. FICO eq score is 665...any suggestions? 2 recent inquiries from citibank and capital one..I was approved for both.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom denied

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello 

I have been lurking on this forum for awhile hoping to learn some tips. I applied for a chase freedom tonight it was probably a stupid move but I did it and got the dreaded"application needs farther review". Which I assumed meant denied so I decided to call the backdoor number and the rep confirmed my application was denied. He said that my credit history need to be at least 1 year old (It's 10 months). Do I give up or call back? I just started banking chase and I really want this card if even its just a 500 limit. FICO eq score is 665...any suggestions? 2 recent inquiries from citibank and capital one..I was approved for both.

I would try again, you've already taken the hit. Every credit analyst is different who knows you may get one who is willing to push it through. You can even say you're willing to take a lower CL just want to start building a credit history with Chase, etc.

Edit: Woops where are my manners? Welcome to the forums!!

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the experience I had with Chase, getting denied for insufficient credit history. But we have another thread today about someone getting approved for a Freedom card  with no credit history. So.. I'm not really sure what to think.

Message 3 of 32
Jimmy9224
Contributor

I agree with AndyK! Chase denied me for their freedom card because of my limited credit history.. I have an AAoA of 1yr and a month.. I also saw the post of someone getting the freedom as their first card ever so I'm pretty bummed out at chase.. I'll reapply in 11 months and see what they say.
My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 4 of 32
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I'd disagree with the rest of the posters and suggest that you wait awhile.

Your history is only 10 months old PLUS you've recently been approved for 2 new cards. Normally that AAoA might be ok, but given you've also gotten recent approvals it'd likely push you into the denied category. Chase will likely want to see how you handle those first. I'd try again in 6-9 months and then you should be good.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!!! 

I called backdoor number this morning again and was APPROVED!!! The nice gentleman mentioned my short history but said he would look over my application. I waited on hold for  8 minutes then he came back to confirm my employment on hold again for 3 mins. Finally he said I was approved for 500 limit (happy just to get my foot in the door).  I told him that me made  my day.....Thanks to everyone for the sharing great info on this forum.

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE!!! 

I called backdoor number this morning again and was APPROVED!!! The nice gentleman mentioned my short history but said he would look over my application. I waited on hold for  8 minutes then he came back to confirm my employment on hold again for 3 mins. Finally he said I was approved for 500 limit (happy just to get my foot in the door).  I told him that me made  my day.....Thanks to everyone for the sharing great info on this forum.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

Message 7 of 32
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

That's awesome!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!! I knew it would work out for you. Enjoy your new card Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE!!! 

Congrats!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.