Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom denied NOW APPROVED

tag
Mzvanessa
Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom denied

Congratulation now go into garden mood for at least six months or so.

TU: Fico 678 6-19-13 677 8/23/13
EQ: Fico 665 7-5-13 665 8/23/13
EX: Fico 681 Lender pulled 8/23/13

Message 11 of 32
nikjain
New Visitor

Thanks a lot for this Info. 

I was rejected when I applied for Freedom Card but after reading this I called Chase back to reconsider. 

They agreed to give me card with 500$ CL.  Hoping to get Card in next 6 days now. Smiley Happy

Its been only 6 months for me in US. I had couple of checking accounts, one with Chase and I did had one HSBC credit card when I came on which I maintained good credit.

This post really helped else I would have never called them back.

Message 12 of 32
EssenceLegacy
New Visitor

I am going through a similar situation with chase and am just starting up my credit. I am completely new to credit practices and procedures.  I got a letter denying me the freedom card, but no phone number to call them.  Where could I find this “Backdoor Number”. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Message 13 of 32
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 32
brian71
Established Member

Message 15 of 32

I was initially denied for the Freedom card, but waited a few weeks for my new credit balance to report (gave me way better utilization). They said my history wasn't long enough, blah, blah, blah. Then I got several pre approved offers and got approved for the BCE, Discover IT, BOA Cash Rewards and then decided to call up Chase to see what they could do. I was approved for $800 (much lower limit than my other cards) and was so ecstatic. I have 1 last card I am interested in (Cash+), but will be waiting until April to travel an hour to app for it.

BCE AMEX - $9,000 | Cap1 QS MC - $750 | Discover IT - $7,800 | BOA Cash Rewards $5,000 | Chase Freedom $800 | Sapphire Preferred - $7,500
Message 16 of 32
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom denied NOW APPROVED

Congrats! I did a recom because of this forum too back in July and got a Freedom as well!
This forum is so valuable!
And welcome to the forums!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 32
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE!!! 

I called backdoor number this morning again and was APPROVED!!! The nice gentleman mentioned my short history but said he would look over my application. I waited on hold for  8 minutes then he came back to confirm my employment on hold again for 3 mins. Finally he said I was approved for 500 limit (happy just to get my foot in the door).  I told him that me made  my day.....Thanks to everyone for the sharing great info on this forum.

In my experience Chase is pretty good with recons. Congrats on the approval Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 32
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I looked at your original post date and see it has been over a year since your denied, sounds like you put in the time to earn that card Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 19 of 32
xiapwa
New Visitor

Re: Chase Freedom denied NOW APPROVED

hi! saw the reviews and saw many say about them lowering their credit limits and making the interest higher, but if you never carry a balance on any of your cards and pay in full every month you dont really need to worry about them raising the APR, I tried applying for the card 3 months ago and was denied they said i didn't have enough credit history(4months with one secured fr. BofA) not even for a $500 limit.   despite the bad reviews i decided to apply for it again since they are giving out $200 when you spend $500 in 3 months instead of the regular $100 for $300/3months. and i got APPROVED! with a credit limit of $1,200 Smiley Very Happy

so i was approved for $1,200 limit and the 15 month free of APR, with the $200  bouns with a credit score of  642, credit history of 6-7months with

BofA Secured card (2,000limit)

capital one card($500limit),

newyork&company ($250limit.)

i thought for sure i would be denied since i currently am using 50% of my credit availble

couldn't belive i got approved 3months after i got denied, wtih a low credit score and using 50% of my credit avaible 0.0!

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.