Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom instant approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom instant approval!

Thanks to all the advice on these forums, DW has gone from FICO in the mid 500's in Jan 2016 to getting her first rewards card, a Chase Freedom with an instant approval for 3k this morning. I checked the Chase prequal site yesterday and it showed Freedom, so I asked her to app. She will be using this to transfer a 2.5k balance which I expect should be paid off next month. This approval will bring her UTI to 40%. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom instant approval!

Congratulations on the Freedom approval!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Make sure the xfer fee is worth it though if you're paying off next month... If I were paying off that quickly I would just leave it be.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Now the wait for the card begins!
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats. Make sure the xfer fee is worth it though if you're paying off next month... If I were paying off that quickly I would just leave it be.

DW is waiting on a couple of commission bonuses. There is no garuntee they will get paid out as soon as we'd like, but they will get paid out. Either way Chase is mailing the transfer info so maybe by then we won't have much to transfer. Either way, this is her first rewards card, and it will match her spending nicely.

Message 5 of 14
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to all the advice on these forums, DW has gone from FICO in the mid 500's in Jan 2016 to getting her first rewards card, a Chase Freedom with an instant approval for 3k this morning. I checked the Chase prequal site yesterday and it showed Freedom, so I asked her to app. She will be using this to transfer a 2.5k balance which I expect should be paid off next month. This approval will bring her UTI to 40%. 

Congrats! Can you share some data points if you don't mind? I am trying to get in with Chase as well! 

Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamkingadam wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Can you share some data points if you don't mind? I am trying to get in with Chase as well! 

She had a couple of small collections for parking tickets, cell phone, century link. We were able to GW and PFD all but the 3 parking tickets which are paid and due to fall off later this year. Her current scores are around 700 and she's been chipping away at the UTL. Her AAoA is 5.5 years and she has a perfect payment history with Barclay 2,500/3,000CL, Chase Slate 300CL, and Cap1 Furniture 1,200CL. We GW a couple of 30 day lates with Credit One 700/975CL. She paid off a $1,500 line of credit that was closed by the local CU with a balance due to 2 late payments. Until today she was inq 0/24.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to get in with Chase as well. I'm waiting for a collection to update as paid and my payment didn't clear before my statement date last month due to the holiday so I'm sitting at about 53% UTI. I won't make that mistake again. I have some student loan lates from 2011. I got my Cap1 QS1 in March with a 500 CL and it increased to 1500 after a couple statements, and a Discover IT secured CL 300. AAoA is about 3.2 years. Before I knew what inquiries were or how to manage a rebuild I tried to app for a bunch of different cards so I have 3 inquiries on each report. I'm trying to figure out if I should wait a year to app for Chase or if I can app once my score hits 700. I'm at 3/24 now and would like the Southwest Premier. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 14
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.