Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom recon? Edited APPROVED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom recon? Edited APPROVED!

I know I should have probably waited before I took the plunge and apped for the Freedom but I just couldn't keep myself from pulling the trigger last night. I apped and got the 7-10 day message.

I called the backdoor number and spoke to a lady and she explained to me that I had several INQ, 3 new open cards Cap, Discover, Walmart within a month and only a year worth of credit history.

I explained to her my situation and 4 of those INQ were from my car loan and the others were ofcourse from my app spree but she still declined. Also there is a fraud alert on my EQ if that matters.

I called back this morning after reading online about peoples success with recon several times before an approval and spoke to a lady that asked me some questions regarding my current and previous addresses and was advised to call 800-278-8830 tomorrow after a brief hold.

Does anyone know what number this is for because I don't see it listed anywhere on the recon numbers listed here on myFico forums? 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom recon?

OK, I just figured out this number is for some kind of verification so is this a good thing or am I going to be shot down again? 

Message 2 of 16
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

If they just need verification it most likely means your approved pending verification.  they wouldn't waste either or you guys time if you were declined 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ryanbush wrote:

If they just need verification it most likely means your approved pending verification.  they wouldn't waste either or you guys time if you were declined 

That would be awesome but I'm not going to get my hopes up untill I call them tomorrow during my lunch break. Thanks for the reply! Ill post the outcome tomorrow once I find out.

Message 4 of 16
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I think you are in. I have to call tomorrow for final verification as well, but the second recon guy told me that he was able to approve me for a 2k limit pending said verification. Good luck man, I hope it works out for both of us.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Swapmeet wrote:

I think you are in. I have to call tomorrow for final verification as well, but the second recon guy told me that he was able to approve me for a 2k limit pending said verification. Good luck man, I hope it works out for both of us.

Thanks! The girl I talked to this morning was really nice but didn't say if I was approved but did put me on a couple brief holds and she didn't ask me anything other than current and recent address info and after another brief hold adviced me to call that number I posted tomorrow I'm assuming for some kind of verification do to the fraud alert on my EQ.
I sure hope it's for approval reasons because this is the last card I want to get. I also canceled Capone today to since no real benefit keeping it now that I'm in the door with Discover. Good luck on your call tomorrow to. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Yeah bro, I know how you feel. Once I got off the phone and got that info I closed both of my subprime/secured cards. Now all I have is 3 prime cards--four if everything goes well tomorrow morning. Assuming everything does, in fact, go well tomorrow then I will only want one more card -- the it. I am not going to apply for that card for a few short months so that I can get a nice cl on the discover. Discover matched my brother's highest limit, so I want to get a 2x cl on my USAA card, to 8k, then see if Discover will match that.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya I bet Discover would match it or come pretty close to it. I see alot of people getting approved for big limits on here lately. My discover limit is only $1500 but I'm cool with that and just glad to get my foot in the door with them. I had to recon with them as well but it was painless. Hopefully tomorrow Chase will do the same.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got approved for the freedom sweet! I got a ding this morning from credit sesame and they pulled experian on my recon. She couldn't tell me the limit our details on the card but asked for them to expedite it so should be here in a couple days. 1 year of credit history and around 8 INQ 3 new open accounts within a month and a half.

Message 9 of 16
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Congo-ratz!

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.