gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
IFtkkdx428
Regular Contributor

Thank you avlon123, coldnmn, MsLadyRover and gdale6!

Message 12 of 16
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals! I was going to say to look into the DIscover It but the Chase Freedom is very similar cards. They have a card dedicated to college students (so does Citi)

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 13 of 16
IFtkkdx428
Regular Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

Congrats on your approvals! I was going to say to look into the DIscover It but the Chase Freedom is very similar cards. They have a card dedicated to college students (so does Citi)

Thank you! Discover It is a great card. I really like how they show you your FICO each month. I looked into Citi briefly, but decided I would choose Discover It over any of Citi's cards.

Message 14 of 16
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@IFtkkdx428 wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

Thank you! Discover It is a great card. I really like how they show you your FICO each month. I looked into Citi briefly, but decided I would choose Discover It over any of Citi's cards.

Yw

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 15 of 16
colinstu
Regular Contributor

It's funny, I applied for Freedom back in December and got approved for the SAME CL and APR! Smiley Very Happy I only estimated the CL being lower because you don't have as long of a history than I do (don't get me wrong, it's not like mine is decades long or anything, just 2-3yrs-ish). And I've seen people in similar situations as yours get approved for lower CLs. 

Congrats! You should have a fun time with your card Smiley Happy 

It took mine a week+ to get here it seems. You can activate it over the phone or this webpage chase.com/verifycard I'd be curious if you could activate it before you get it, as it only asks for the last 4 digits, which I think are emailed to you or show up on your chase account home. From there you can activate this quarter's bonus. It's not instantaneous like Discover, it took a few minutes for emails to come through / home page to update saying that the bonus is indeed activated. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.