Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom

tag
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom

I appreciate the information, as I have read all the posts that you linked. I can't do anything, but wait and see what happens now. It is what it is...
“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 21 of 36
slither43
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

*SMH*

The analysts who do reconsiderations are not the same as the review team, and they can't override decisions made by that team.

Let me add another link to the ones I posted earlier: Chase sapphire preferred approved then days later declined

I'm curious...if someone wanted two different Chase cards which served different purposes, what do you think an ideal waiting time between apps should be? 6 months maybe?

Message 22 of 36
slither43
Regular Contributor

And congrats to the OP. Hope the approvals stick!

Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@slither43 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

*SMH*

The analysts who do reconsiderations are not the same as the review team, and they can't override decisions made by that team.

Let me add another link to the ones I posted earlier: Chase sapphire preferred approved then days later declined

I'm curious...if someone wanted two different Chase cards which served different purposes, what do you think an ideal waiting time between apps should be? 6 months maybe?

I'd say at minimum one month, and a longer period just to be safe.

It used to be that you could apply for two cards in one day and Chase would only use one hard inquiry.  Then there was the 2/30 rule where you could apply for two cards within a 30 day period.  But for the last year or so things have changed significantly and Chase is actively checking to see if you opened any other cards after opening one of theirs, or if you opened multiple Chase cards.  Either of those two things can get your new Chase accounts cancelled.

I don't think we're allowed to post Reddit links but you can go churning subreddit and read some of the shutdown stories; same for FlyerTalk.  The people on those sites tend to apply for cards more aggressively than is done here.

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@slither43 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

*SMH*

I'd say at minimum one month, and a longer period just to be safe.

It used to be that you could apply for two cards in one day and Chase would only use one hard inquiry.  Then there was the 2/30 rule where you could apply for two cards within a 30 day period.  But for the last year or so things have changed significantly and Chase is actively checking to see if you opened any other cards after opening one of theirs, or if you opened multiple Chase cards.  Either of those two things can get your new Chase accounts cancelled.

I don't think we're allowed to post Reddit links but you can go churning subreddit and read some of the shutdown stories; same for FlyerTalk.  The people on those sites tend to apply for cards more aggressively than is done here.

So question. Is it ok to apply for a Chase personal card and then a Business card within the same day?

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

These slip through sometimes but we just saw someone the other day who actually had a card since February get denied their CSP app and then have their FU that was already open shut down as well so back to back apps with Chase, just hope you don’t get selected for review. 

Yey! I'm helping. Smiley Happy 

OP: congrats on the cards and SLs. Hopefully you do fine, but if they close one or both down you can call 800 290 1316. Its the Financial Review department, and you'll be able to explain why you want/need the cards, and explain your side against the reason they closed your accounts. They'll make notes and resubmit for rereview. I'm waiting on them now about getting my CFU reopened.

Message 26 of 36
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Thank you... Masterlink! I will keep this in mind if needed and good luck with your outcome! Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and there have been a lot of chase horror stories but hopefully being proactive pays off. I have had my CSP less than 2 weeks already hit the 4K spend and still find myself checking for AA even though I haven't done anything wrong.

Message 28 of 36
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, a great card for 5% rotating categories, got the same one!

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.