Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IHG Approved!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase IHG Approved!!

Hello Everyone,

I applied for Chase IHG with 80K sign-up bonus in 7/7. I received the 30 days message. I called the automated status line and the robolady and it was 30 days message for a couple of days. After 2 days, it changed to 7-10 days message when I thought that the application is rejected.

After almost a week, I got a letter from Chase asking me to verify the DOB and sent the driving license via fax and as a secure message. I asked for an update through secure message and they responded that they received the verification, but asked me to wait or call the 1-888-609-7805 number for immediate review. I decided not to call for a week and wait patiently. Meanwhile, the robolady changed the message to 30 days.

After a week, I called them and the lady said that she is not able to review my application as someone has already blocked it. She asked me to wait for a couple of days. When I called the automated status line the next day, YEYEY, I was told that its approved. I sent another secure message to add the card to my existing account and they did that and I got to know that the card limit is $27100 (second to my Discover).

I also sent a secure message asking if they could match the 100K points and they asked me to complete the $2000 in 3 months requirement and they will give me the 100K points.

And here I am, waiting for the card to arrive!! Edging towards $200K total limit!!

Thanks for reading,

APS

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase IHG Approved!!

Congrats on the nice SL & welcome bonus! Enjoy!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmm89 wrote:

Congrats on the nice SL & welcome bonus! Enjoy!

Thank you cmm89

Message 3 of 8
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congrats APS on your approval and nice SL! Do you by chance Know which bureau(s) they pulled for your app?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

Congrats APS on your approval and nice SL! Do you by chance Know which bureau(s) they pulled for your app?

Thank you bruisedcredit.

I am from MA. I see a hit on my Experian, not sure if they referred another agency as well.

Message 5 of 8
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks for this data point. I am trying to get a gauge on if they may perhaps double pull a Chase is known to do. But looks like several approvals for this particular card has been single pulls which is a plus Smiley Happy

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 6 of 8
peghede
Valued Contributor

congrats on card m8 not so much congrats on bank.

Message 7 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats there!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.