Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IHG Instant Approval $24,000

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase IHG Instant Approval $24,000

Call it the MF effect but I saw someone post about applying for this card last week. 80,000 bonus points (1k spend/3months) , $50 statement credit with first purchase, 5000 bonus points for first purchase by authorized user...so I went for it. I am planning a trip to NYC next year and would come in handy. Instantly approved at $24,000.

6 months ago I had an offer for Freedom Unlimited and CSP (would not have been able to meet the spend requirements). Went for Unlimited and was disappointed at the 4K instant approval.

Data Points:

I have 3 year old lates. One of the lates was a 30 day late on my Chase Freedom card.

Already had Chase Freedom at $9,500 and Freedom Unlimited at $5000 (I had moved $1k from Freedom to make it 5K)

14 inquiries from auto (2015) and mortgage (2017) shopping and an app spree after closing on my house back in late March. 

Overall UTI is 10%.

Income: 100K+

TU FICO was 745 at time they pulled my report. They also pulled EQ I believe but didn't provide my FICO for that bureau. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase IHG Instant Approval $24,000

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 🎈🍾🎉🐬

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Elktech!

Message 4 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very impressive approval!  My IHG was approved for 6k although have had other chase cards approved for 12-17k and income in the 150k range and scores at 700.  You did well!

edit: old baddies 6+ years old as well being paid CO's and lates

Message 5 of 11
jc2
Regular Contributor

Nice limit! I am planning on applying in the next couple of weeks.

Message 6 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats on an awesome approval! If staying in Manhattan, points redemption is usually the best way to go so you should get really good value. I have stayed in a few of the IHG properties there (not points) and was quite pleased.
Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on a great approval. Smiley Happy

Lol +1 the Fico EffectSmiley Happy will that star Ashton Kutcher or K in BostonSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and SL!

Message 9 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on a killer SL

Id love to get this card, too bad Chase has other thoughts

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.