Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IHG Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase IHG Premier

As I saw the 125k points + $50 statement credit offer for Chase IHG Premier I finally decided to go for it. Application went "we will let you know in 30 days" after I submitted. Was checking the status through the automated line last few days and was always the 30-day message.

I know about the recon lines but decided not to call them while the application was still in the 30-day status. When I had to log in to may Chase account today and saw the card showing in my online account. Approved with $5100 limit and 21.99% APR.

They pulled TU and EX as usual. My TU FICO was 770 as of July 28 and EX FICO was 770 as of August 1. I was at 4/24 when I applied and wasn't really sure if this one can be approved to be honest.

chase.png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase IHG Premier

Congrats on that approval!!

Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the new chase card. Pretty nice nearly 1600 in cash there in points as well.

Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

CongratulationsSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
Aim_High
Super Contributor

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!

waytogo.jpg

Great job with the approval and the IHG card!

Chase has great hotel cards! I got the Marriott earlier this year and just got approved for Hyatt. 

Chase SUBs are awesome!  The Points Guy website values IHG points at 0.5 cents each so that works out to a SUB value of about $625 for $3K spend in 3 months.   Just the SUB alone works out to a return of 20.8% on that $3K!  

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on the new chase card. Pretty nice nearly 1600 in cash there in points as well.

Thanks! I have been holding on to UR points since I'm still waiting on optimal transfer partner(s). Maybe to BA so I can redeem award flights from Oneworld when I need some long-distance travel.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High wrote:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!

Great job with the approval and the IHG card!

Chase has great hotel cards! I got the Marriott earlier this year and just got approved for Hyatt. 

Chase SUBs are awesome!  The Points Guy website values IHG points at 0.5 cents each so that works out to a SUB value of about $625 for $3K spend in 3 months.   Just the SUB alone works out to a return of 20.8% on that $3K!  

Definitely. Chase probably has the most extensive partnership with hotel and airlines.

The 125k points were so enticing to me; I also took into account the Platinum elite, annual free night and other benefits (though IHG platinum doesn't seem as valuable as the other brands), hopefully they will be good making the card as a keeper.

I'm also thinking about Hyatt but they have fewer hotels and not sure if Chase can approve another card in the near future (will drop back to 3/24 in about half a year but still...). Just felt like I'm hitting a ceiling on Chase's exposure.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!

Message 8 of 13
sjt
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Was the offer on the Chase website and was it a pre-qual offer?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 13
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Nice card choice Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.