Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IHG Rewards Approval :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase IHG Rewards Approval :)

After gardening for a year and a half, I finally stepped out to apply for the Chase IHG Rewards card and was approved for 15,500! I'm actually going to move some over to my Freedom to balance out the limits on my cards. 

After debating whether I should wait a few more months, and also looking at some other hotel and travel cards, I decided this was the best one for me. I have low monthly spending, so the bonus points for only spending $1000/3 months is perfect. The $50 annual fee is basically cancelled out by the yearly free hotel night, and they have a wide range of hotel types e.g. Holiday Inn in alot of locations, Staybridge for large groups, Intercontinental if I wanna get fancy. I also travel maybe twice a year and pretty cheaply, so a miles/travel card didn't make sense for me. 
Another great thing is that IHG has no FTF! This was the only reason I was holding onto my Cap One QS, even though the limit never budged and the rewards were useless after I got the Citi DC. I had gotten the QS originally for the cashback bonus, in the days when I only had a Disc It. Just closed the QS account today.
If you're looking for some stats, they're below in my sig.

I'm just really happy about this one! It'll be the last card for a long time, and it's the largest limit I've ever gotten Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase IHG Rewards Approval :)

Wow.. Nice work.. Looks like gardening paid off for you. Congrats.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Great scores.
Message 3 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the approval and amazing SL there!

Message 4 of 11
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Anxiously awaiting its appearance in the mail haha

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big congratsSmiley Happy Scores like yours , well deservedSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! It got here today and is now activated woo! Smiley Very Happy I am ready to earn those bonus points! 

Message 9 of 11
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! It got here today and is now activated woo! Smiley Very Happy I am ready to earn those bonus points! 

Great job on the approval, @Anonymous!  screamer.gif 

(I changed out your emerald for a new seedling.) Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.