Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase IHG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase IHG

After almost 6 months in the garden, I jumped out to grab the Chase IHG card since I am traveling more and recently blew through my Venture bonus. I wanted to get the 80K/$50 Statement Credit before that went away like the 100K offer.

I live in IL and know that Chase would pull TU and EX for the card, so I went ahead and unlocked my TU and EX. I waited a few days and then used the 80K link here after taking a screen shot for insurance: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/Ihg80kplus-f

Today I applied for the card and received the 30 Day message –which I was anticipating since I implemented a Fraud Alert after the Equifax data breach.

I called the Chase Verification line at: 1-800-278-8830 and verified my identity after which I was told I was approved for $16,800 at 16.99% (lowest). They did in fact pull TU and Ex. Card is displaying on my Chase account already.

Other data points:

Income $56K

Average FICO 810

8 hard pulls across all bureaus with 5 in last 12 months.

6 open cards with $78,900 in limits.

No lates, no derogs.

I am now back in the garden and hope to make it a year this time.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase IHG

Congrats!  That's a 20% increase in total credit capacity.  Not bad for 2 inquiries.  80K SUB is amazing.

What's your AAoA before the card reports?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

AAoA of open accounts is 7 yrs it will drop to 6.1 after this one reports.

Message 3 of 4
blunderer
Established Contributor

WTG!!!  Congrats

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.