cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ink, Amex Platinum, and Amex Gold - Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink, Amex Platinum, and Amex Gold - Approved!

I just want to share that hard work pays off. I spent 2 years repairing my score. Back in 2017, my score was 530. Today, my score is 750 on EX, 778 on Transunion, and 788 on EQ. AAoA was 3.5 years on EX and 1.5 years on Transunion. So I said, screw it. I pulled the trigger for all 3 of them and got approved for all 3 cards. I even got the Amex Platinum's 100,000 point offer! 

How I did it: 

I had 3 late payments before that was screwing up my score and I lacked number of accounts. So, I gathered proof and documents that the 3 late payments was due to an identity theft crisis back in 2015. I sent goodwill letters with a copy of the documents to 5 different addresses to Synchrony Bank. After 3 months and 4 waves of those goodwill letters later, Syncrhony Bank approved my goodwill letter and removed all 3 late payments. I also got 2 credit cards in 2017 to increase my number of accounts. 

Chase wanted proof of my side business. So, I showed them my business registration documents. I was approved because the CR said that I was calm and acted professional when providing the proof. So, it looks like attitude of applicant DOES play a role in being approved or not. 

10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Ink, Amex Platinum, and Amex Gold - Approved!

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 2 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your sweet approvals! Now start spending for those SUB! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, everyone!

I'm just $400 away in each the Amex Gold and Chase Ink SUBs. I already got the Amex Platinum's 100,000 point bonus!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!!
Message 6 of 11
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  That is an awesome trifecta you scored right there!  

Which Ink card did you get?  Was it only one HP for Gold and Plat?  

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi FieryDance,

It was the Chase Ink Cash. I couldn't say no to 5% back on all internet and cell phone services. That's my bread and butter right here. I got a hard pull from EX and TU for that.

As for the AMEX Platinum and Gold, no hard pulls! They were both soft pulls by Amex and were 3 months apart from each other. I paid all my bills every week. I guess they like that pattern?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 9 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats x 3 !!!

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.