Chase Ink Bold approved!

So here's my app:

My AGI: $52,638

Home-based business (sole proprietor)

Annual Revenue (profit): $1,000

Years in business: 1

Tax ID: My SSN

Business Name: My first and last name

After talking with the reconsideration line it took about 30 minutes, but I was approved for a $6,000 flexible spending line. Card should arrive within 5-7 business days Smiley Happy Stoked!!! Now to achieve the $10,000 spend in 3 months to qualify for the 50k bonus rewards points! I know...$3,333 per month on the card. I'll give it my best shot. Smiley Happy

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Ink Bold approved!

Congrats iVE NEEVR SEEN AN INK CARD PERSONALLY until last time I went to IHOP and a man payed with his Ink from chase and it looked pretty nice. Congrats on your approval and getting your business card with chase!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 9
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Congrats iVE NEEVR SEEN AN INK CARD PERSONALLY until last time I went to IHOP and a man payed with his Ink from chase and it looked pretty nice. Congrats on your approval and getting your business card with chase!!

Thanks for the congrats! I was really nervous when I had to call the recon line, but that made it all the more exciting when I was approved. I wonder if that "thrill" will wear off eventually? I'm sure some out there are rolling their eyes but I don't care, 'cause it's part of the fun that comes along with this game we call credit. I'm enjoying reaping the rewards of building my credit which has taken years of hard work, writing letters to get baddies off, waiting for the other baddies to drop off, etc.

That brings me to mention that I have one baddy still showing. A 30/60/90/120 delinquent from 2007. I told them it was paid in full and closed by the creditor, explained the circumstances, and it was no problem.

I should also mention that when speaking with the reconsideration line, they asked what line of work it was that I was doing. I just told them it was building websites, and consulting with other local businesses in marketing strategy. They asked what my anticipated spend would be and I said 3-5k per month (they were ok with a range, not a hard number).

Hope this will help if anyone out there applies for a business card!

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 3 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Lol eventually it will wear of but like you said who cares! You got approved and its really exciting when you get the "Congratulations! Mark your application has been Approved". OH MAN! You wann get up and do the the wiggle dance(but you keep calm and just take a deep breathe and begn to scream inside!! HAHHA) also its the best feeling knowing your credit worthy with banks. Enjoy your card and keep getting those baddies off your report and watch your score shoot right up!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the successful recon and approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 9
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Charge only what you can afford and pay in full every month. If you must carry a balance, the value of the reward points zero out or go negative rapidly.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 7 of 9
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone!

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

Charge only what you can afford and pay in full every month. If you must carry a balance, the value of the reward points zero out or go negative rapidly.

This is a charge card, so it must be PIF every month anyhow, which is how I handle all my other revolving credit cards also. In fact, I usually pay on the cards twice a month and usually leave just enough to report something to the bureau (~100) but always PIF. then pay the remainder long before the Due Date. No interest paid yet!

My challenge with the Chase Ink Bold will be getting the $10,000 spend in 3 months. I know I spend that in three months between mortgage, utilities, etc. but **bleep** of the budget.

I have to admit I have been going a little crazy thinking of things to make sure I get that spend for the bonus points....Hawaii vacation, DW says Diamond necklace and Hawaii vacation Smiley LOL , christmas gifts, etc. I'm trying to keep my feet on the ground and remember that my normal budget will get me the bonus rewards if I can get all that spend on the card. AND, if I don't get the extra 25k bonus for not meeting the monthly spend, it's better than not being able to pay my charge card!!!! As if that needs to be said!

Message 8 of 9
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Lol eventually it will wear of but like you said who cares! You got approved and its really exciting when you get the "Congratulations! Mark your application has been Approved". OH MAN! You wann get up and do the the wiggle dance(but you keep calm and just take a deep breathe and begn to scream inside!! HAHHA) also its the best feeling knowing your credit worthy with banks. Enjoy your card and keep getting those baddies off your report and watch your score shoot right up!

lol, yeah I think within the first day the dance comes out at some point, and you're right, if it doesn't I'm doing the dance inside.

funny gifs
funny gifs
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.