Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Marriott Approval!

I've been wanting this card for a while, but was pretty sure being 19 with little history and only $30k income wouldn't get me much, but I decided to just see what happens! Got approved for the Chase Marriott with $5k credit line! Will be gardening now Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Marriott Approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been wanting this card for a while, but was pretty sure being 19 with little history and only $30k income wouldn't get me much, but I decided to just see what happens! Got approved for the Chase Marriott with $5k credit line! Will be gardening now Smiley Very Happy

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you.  Super Congratulations!!

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome approval and good card to get into Chase with!! Congratulations
Message 3 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP am wanting this one also , do you mind sharing some data pts with us plz
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, if it's not for 524 policy, I would want to get this one in my drawer for free night <3

Message 5 of 18
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  Always a good feeling to get a card you actually want! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing! I have two CC's, USAA Amex Rewards with 1,500 CL and about 50% util reporting, and a CapOne Journey card with 2,000 CL and about 60% util reporting, both opened Feb. 2016 (when I turned 18) and both always paid on time.  

Other than that, I have two federal student loans totalling about $5k, starting Sept. 2016, showing as current. I also bought a car in Jan 2017, $27k total joint loan, one on time payment reported. 

That's all I can think of but I'd be willing to answer any specific questions!

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW!! You got that approval with about 56% utilization? My hat's off to you
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I was fully expecting the denial. Was even more shocked to see a $5k CL considering that is almost double what my other two are combined

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

that may be the lowest SL they approve the Marriot for, I think, so if approved for it 5k is guaranteed
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.