cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Approved before 5/24 kicked in, OMG $30k SL!!!

tag
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

Chase Marriott Approved before 5/24 kicked in, OMG $30k SL!!!

This board has been so helpful and wanted to share my recent sucess.

So I decided to apply today for the Chase Marriott before the new 5/24 rule kicks in.

In the last 6 months I have added Discover ($12k, 90 auto CLI to $14k), Citi AA Advantage ($13.5k), Barclay's World Plus ($10k), Cap 1 Venture (SL of $15k, Hit the luv bttn and was just incresed to $25k), CSP ($11k), and US Bank Cash +.($5k)

In the meantime, over the last few weeks, thru chat, I increased Lowes from 8500-12000, Walmart from 3400-8000, JCP from 4900-10000. PayPal SC ($5k-$10k) and Amazon from 3200-6000 (all SP's)

I also increased my BB store card from 2200-8000 and BB Reward Zone from $300 to $5000 (these were HP's)

The Marriott card was one I had my eye on as I tend to like their properties and I just hit  their Silver level this year. Plus the fact they will probably aquire Starwood which will make it one of the biggest chains,

I was half expecting a denial because of the 5/24 but hit the submit button anyway and couldn't belive it

Instant approval with a $30k SL!  Now my highest card. 

The only other card I would like is the Freedom card, but I it looks like I will have to wait a few years.

I am hoping with the amount of $$ I have put thru the CSP card (close to $37k)  that they will grant me an auto CLI when my 6 mos anniv. hits this month.  

Do you think I could call and ask them to use the pull they did today for the Marriott card? Is that possible?

Thanks again to everyone on this site.  I would never have know about the chat feature or everything else if it wasn't for this site.

$325k Total Limits, 4% Util
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Marriott Approved before 5/24 kicked in!!!

@sdchrgrboy wrote:

This board has been so helpful and wanted to share my recent sucess.

So I decided to apply today for the Chase Marriott before the new 5/24 rule kicks in.

In the last 6 months I have added Discover ($12k, 90 auto CLI to $14k), Citi AA Advantage ($13.5k), Barclay's World Plus ($10k), Cap 1 Venture (SL of $15k, Hit the luv bttn and was just incresed to $25k), CSP ($11k), and US Bank Cash +.($5k)

In the meantime, over the last few weeks, thru chat, I increased Lowes from 8500-12000, Walmart from 3400-8000, JCP from 4900-10000. and Amazon from 3200-6000 (all SP's)

I also increased my BB store card from 2200-8000 and BB Reward Zone from $300 to $5000 (these were HP's)

The Marriott card was one I had my eye on as I tend to like their properties and I just hit  their Silver level this year. Plus the fact they will probably aquire Starwood which will make it one of the biggest chains,

I was half expecting a denial because of the 5/24 but hit the submit button anyway and couldn't belive it

Instant approval with a $30k SL!  Now my highest card. 

The only other card I would like is the Freedom card, but I it looks like I will have to wait a few years.

I am hoping with the amount of $$ I have put thru the CSP card (close to $37k)  that they will grant me an auto CLI when my 6 mos anniv. hits this month.  

Do you think I could call and ask them to use the pull they did today for the Marriott card? Is that possible?

Thanks again to everyone on this site.  I would never have know about the chat feature or everything else if it wasn't for this site.

Congrats on the approval.  Very nice SL/

As for asking for a CLI on your CSP later this month, the chances that they would use the same HP is virtually none.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done, congrats on the Marriott approval, they gave you a very juice SL, big plus !!!

if you request a CLI, it will be an HP.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

NIIICE! Drinks @ the bar on YOU!
Message 4 of 13
_NERD
Established Contributor

Congratulations. Holy smokes you must be on cloud 9 right now.

What are your data points, if you don't mind the disclosure? Scores, AAoA, inq's, baddies (probably none).

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 5 of 13
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

@_NERD wrote:
Congratulations. Holy smokes you must be on cloud 9 right now.

What are your data points, if you don't mind the disclosure? Scores, AAoA, inq's, baddies (probably none).

I am.  Never thought I would get a CL this high,  AoA is 6 years.  7 inq TU, 10 Eq, 8 EX. no baddies. 5% Util.   6 new accounts in the last 6 mos.  Current scores are between 771-795. With this card, puts me over $200k.  

I think i'm good for awhile, but the excitement of getting approved for a new card can be addicting. 

But, I couldn't have reached this without this site.  

Message 6 of 13
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

When does the 5/24 rule kick in on the Marriott card? I saw a 80K bonus mile offer and I plan to apply!

Message 7 of 13
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

I read that it was supposed to be in April but not sure exactly when in April

Message 8 of 13
_NERD
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Marriott Approved before 5/24 kicked in, OMG $30k SL!!!

771+ man I'm going to hide under a rock for a few years.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Marriott Approved before 5/24 kicked in, OMG $30k SL!!!

Congrats!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.