Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless VISA Approval

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless VISA Approval

I've been carefully considering which final Chase card to add to my portfolio since I was aware of their 5/24 rule from other online postings.

I was just approved the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa with starting CL of $33K.  Smiley Happy

Chase had one of my oldest cards (July 2000) which started out as a SLATE but I product changed it to a FREEDOM UNLIMITED a few years ago.  About the same time I did the PC, I also combined a credit limit from an AMAZON visa and then closed it to keep the older card open.  So the 19-year old FREEDOM UNLIMITED card was my only active Chase Bank card until a year ago.  (I didn't feel I did enough Amazon shopping just to keep the card for the higher rewards on those purchases.)

Last spring, I got the Chase Sapphire Reserve and then began shifting focus to more Chase cards for their Ultimate Rewards.  In the last 12 months, I also added the basic Chase FREEDOM (5% categories), and the Chase Business INK Preferred (for the 80K UR sign-up bonus).  An Ultimate Rewards stategy is my ultimate goal (pun intended), since with the 50% bonus for UR redemption on the CSR, I'm effectively getting 7.5% on those (Freedom) rotating categories, 4.5% on travel and dining out (CSR), and 2.25% on 'everything else' (Freedom Unlimited) once I move the points from my Freedom and Freedom Unlimited over the CSR for redemption.  Sweet deal!  (Moving the points is easy on the Chase website.)

I suppose I could even apply for one more Chase card before I hit their 5/24 limit but I think I will hold off for now.  Maybe wait another six months to a year and then apply for another card.  A couple I am eyeing:  British Airways Visa signature has up to 120,000 AVIOS (miles) bonus for spending in the first year and the World of Hyatt card has 50,000 point sign-up bonus. 

For anyone interested, the Marriott card has a great temporary sign-up bonus as a promotion for Marriott's merger with Starwood hotels and realignment of their credit card programs.  (100,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from your account opening.)   The Points Guy (TPG) website values that sign-up bonus at $800 value. 

My business travel is arranged directly by my employer.  While I do some personal travel, I don't think I will get enough benefit from the Marriott card long-term compared to the flexibility of my CSR, since the Marriott card primarily gives me better points value only if I am a frequent Marriott guest.  And there is also the $95 annual fee, so the sock drawer is not smart.  So long-term, I expect to close this card and do another credit line consolidation to my other Chase cards. 

Chase is now my largest single lender by a wide margin.  I have $129,400 in credit lines on (4) personal accounts plus a $9K line on a business account for a grand total of $138,400 with Chase alone. 

Data Points:

FICO Bankcard Score 8: 840 +/-

AAoA: 10 years +

Oldest active LOC: 25+ years

Income: High (well into six figures)

Total Credit Card lines:  $349.5K

Credit Card debt: None except what is paid-off monthly.

Utilization rate:  01%

*I have no personal or business banking relationship with Chase other than my credit cards.  This can help if you're trying to up your credit approval odds for Chase or any lender.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
12 REPLIES 12
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless VISA Approval

well done!! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Good job and Congrats! on the new card approval.

Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

well, i'd say you Aimed_High and conquered. Congrats on a very nice 33K CL

Message 4 of 13
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Fantastic SL and an even better score to back it up @Aim_High! You've got a great run with Chase! 

Message 5 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Well done!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 13
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

You...REALLY...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval, the EXTRAORDINARY SL, and Thanks for the DPs!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 13
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval and the great relationship you have with Chase!

Message 8 of 13
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congrats! Just curious, which CRA was that FICO score from? 

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 9 of 13
Aim_High
Super Contributor

" ... Congrats! Just curious, which CRA was that FICO score from?"

EQ Bankcard Score 8:  840

(04/23/19, provided by Citibank credit card)

TU Bankcard Score 8:  843

(04/19/19, provided by Discover and Bank of America credit cards)

*My score has hit 850 a few times in past couple of years but wavers a little month to month as my credit file changes.  I have applied for several cards and loans in past few years as well as paid some off.  Sometimes, the credit cards report a higher balance since I don't pay it all off before the statement, but other times I do and it shows $0. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.