Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Offer - CSP - Given 30 Day Notice - Update Approved

tag
LunaBuna
Regular Contributor

Chase Offer - CSP - Given 30 Day Notice - Update Approved

I know this has been asked 100 times in various ways, but needed to throw this out for me.  I logged onto Chase, as I have a Freedom Unlimted issued in May.  I see that I have the green check offer for a CSP.  Sort of suprised, but very happy.  I go ahead and complete the application, which is only my income and my primary number.  Hit submit, get the 30 day notice, which sort of suprised me as i thought that the green check was a solid offer.  Also had a stated interest rate.

I am 6/24, and actually more like 6/12.  However two of the cards are Amex, which are not yet showing on my reports, but the pulls are.

My Fico depending on who they pull are from low to mid 700's.

I did not plan on trying for anything new, but with the green check box, I could not resist. 

So do i just chll and wait for a response, or do i call as i have seen others do?  When i applied for a Citi last month, i got a 7 day notice, and the next day, recieved notice of approval.  Should I hope for the same, or should I call?

20 REPLIES 20
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Offer - CSP - Given 30 Day Notice

Im not a patient person at all. I mean, If I'm gonna be declined or approved, I wanna know now, not 30 days from now. But, thats me.

Most folks here will tell you to just let it ride, and see what happens. You can always keep calling the app status line for updates. Sometimes, you get the 30 day online, but then call and get the dreaded 7-10 message.

If that happens, then at that point Id call into UW and "inquire" about the application, and if they say declined then recon it right there.

Message 2 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Are any/all of your reports frozen, by chance?

Message 3 of 21
jl4
Established Contributor

As someone that just went through the same thing, if you had a solid, single APR, you’ll probably be able to call the backdoor automated app status number and get the 2 week message. If it sits like that for a day or two then turns to 7-10, they sent you a thing in the mail, probably a verification. Taking care of that will likely yield you that approval.

We’ve seen several folks over 5/24 with single APR green-check offers get approved lately.
EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 4 of 21
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Call the application status line. I applied for the United card and got s 30 day message and an email as well. Called the line 2 minuets later and approved for $15,000
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 5 of 21
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

Let us know how it goes! I have a good feeling if you call in it will be favorable

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 6 of 21
LunaBuna
Regular Contributor

So I called the automated application status number. It advised me of the app pending from yesterday and again the 30 day time.

Based on some other threads the 30 days is not necessarily bad. Unsure if it being a weekend effects any updates, I will check Monday again.

My reports are not frozen. They pulled TU and Equifax when I applied.

Message 7 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Most likely a verification thing.  I'd call back every day until that changes to 14 days or 7-10 days.

Message 8 of 21
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@LunaBuna wrote:
So I called the automated application status number. It advised me of the app pending from yesterday and again the 30 day time.

Based on some other threads the 30 days is not necessarily bad. Unsure if it being a weekend effects any updates, I will check Monday again.

My reports are not frozen. They pulled TU and Experian when I applied.

I just HATE how Chase double pulls existing customers.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 21
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@LunaBuna wrote:

My reports are not frozen. They pulled TU and Experian when I applied.

I just HATE how Chase double pulls existing customers.

I guess I should consider myself lucky. I had two HP’s both on the same day and both on EX on for my CLI and one for a new card. 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.