Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon 15 Months Post-BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Recon 15 Months Post-BK

Hey FICO Gang, something stupid, then crazy, then wonderful happened this past week. I drapped the Amazon Visa Signature last Wednesday while birthday shopping, enticed by the $50 gift card offer, and was not immediately denied, but given the 30-day message.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I received the denial letter I was expecting. An amazing MyFICOer, Justagirl73, encouraged me to recon and just tell them the truth. I did, explaining employment history, the circumstances that led to BK, and that I just wanted a chance to re-establish a relationship with Chase. The rep put me on hold to review. She came back on three times to let me know she was still reviewing everything. The fouth time she came on, she said, "Ms. G-------, we are only able to approve your Amazon card for $500, and you will receive your new card in 1-2 weeks." Only $500? I would have been happy with $1. Astonished, I thanked her several times before ending the call.

Stats:

11/2015  BK7 discharged 

2/15/17   Apped Amazon VS

2/21/17   Denied Amazon VS (" Your credit report reflects a bankruptcy," "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank."

2/22/17   Reconned Amazon VS denial, and approved for $500 SL

Pulled EX Bankcard 687

Amazon VS 2.PNG

I can't believe I'm back in with Chase 15 months after BK. It's unbelievable. But I'll take it. Smiley Happy PS I also want to give a shout out to Pizza1, who inspired me with her Chase approval and planted the idea in my head.

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crazy Chase Recon Miracle

Well, you already know how it feel about it........SUPER HAPPY FOR YOU! Congrats Bella! 

Message 2 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey FICO Gang, something stupid, then crazy, then wonderful happened this week. I drapped the Amazon Visa Signature last Wednesday while birthday shopping, enticed by the $50 gift card offer, and was not immediately denied, but given the 30-day message.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I received the denial letter I was expecting. An amazing MyFICOer, Justagirl73, encouraged me to recon and just tell them the truth. I did, explaining employment history, the circumstances that led to BK, and that I just wanted a chance to re-establish a relationship with Chase. The rep, Laura, put me on hold to review. She came back on three times to let me know she was still reviewing everything. The fouth time she came on, she said, "Ms. G-------, we are only able to approve your Amazon card for $500, and you will receive your new card in 1-2 weeks." Only $500? I would have been happy with $1. Astonished, I thanked her several times before ending the call.

Stats:

11/2015  BK7 discharged 

2/15/17   Apped Amazon VS

2/21/17   Denied Amazon VS (" Your credit report reflects a bankruptcy," "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank."

2/22/17   Reconned Amazon VS denial, and approved for $500 SL

Pulled EX Bankcard 687

Amazon VS 2.PNG

I can't believe I'm back in with Chase 15 months after BK. It's unbelievable. But I'll take it. Smiley Happy PS I also want to give a shout out to Pizza1, who inspired me with her Chase approval and planted the idea in my head.

Wonderful story!! Super Congratulations!!! You burnt them 15 months ago in BK and still approved!! Wham a KO!!Isn'tt the myFICO family awesome!!

Message 3 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, soloman! It's pretty amazing. I did let them know that when things got bad prior to BK, I reached out to my creditors, including Chase, to ask for help with either a minimum payment reduction or APR reduction so I could make some headway, but no one would help. That was the truth. 

And, yes, the FICO family is definitely awesome!!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh Bella!! That is awesome!!!! I was actually dreaming for a post like this for the past couple of days from Chase (but thinking and hoping it would be me) --LOL!!!.  Your experience gives me hope!!!!!  

And congrats!! I know how excited you must be!!!!!

Message 5 of 88
padme
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Recon 15 Months Post-BK

Congrats on your recon. I remember many years ago, most CC had interest rates around 10% at the big banks then boom right to 24%. Sure missed those days, that why most people filed, couldn't keep up.
Message 6 of 88
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the approval!!!

From what it looks like.. the approval criteria MAY be quite easier than any other Chase card - you arent the first one on here to get into Chase with a BK showing via Amazon.. Now, the real test will be in another 60-90 days, when you app for another Chase card and see what happens...

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great Bella! Congrats on the approval!!

Message 8 of 88
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CRAZY! STUPID! LOVE! Smiley Happy

Im thrilled for you Bella!! Know what you want and go for it, very inspiringSmiley Happy. You know your fico family has your back and whether it had been $1 , $500, or $5000, its quite an accomplishment and just think now we have another card to whip out at our year end Disco ball, lol. ( psst, we wont tell our host , just slyly pull out that beautiful CAVS, to maybe help with vallet parking Smiley Wink )..

ENJOY this moment , its a taste of great things to come for youSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh Bella!! That is awesome!!!! I was actually dreaming for a post like this for the past couple of days from Chase (but thinking and hoping it would be me) --LOL!!!.  Your experience gives me hope!!!!!  

And congrats!! I know how excited you must be!!!!!

Thanks, ItsPossible! I know it will be you at some point, and when it is, I will be way more excited than I am right now! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.