Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon Success!

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Chase Recon Success!

Approved for Chase Freedom instantly 1500 cl applied for Chase Slate received 14 day message called backdoor recon (thanks for the awesome thread on backdoor numbers) recon CSR said pending told me to hold one second and came back and said unfortunately due to number inquiries we cannot approve you at this time. Smiley Sad told me some things to do that would eventually get me approved.. and I listened and thanked her for the information and I asked since it was another HP would it be possible to recon my limit on Chase Freedom she said that would not be possible w/out another hp then she said but I can see if we can process this application for Slate and take a second look she said I cannot guarantee anything but I can see. I said okay thank you Smiley Very HappyDDD Smiley Very HappyDD Smiley Very HappyDD hiding my excitement. 

Came back on the line asked me about my student status and full time employment status and what I do for a living my monthly rent she put me on hold and came back on and said I can get this approved BUT I cannot give you a credit limit more than 500 !! I guess beggars can't be choosers!!! Anyone know why I was instant approved on Freedom for 1.5 and can only get 500 on Slate ?

Got to start somewhere on my path to CSP Smiley Very HappyDD any tips on how to get this Slate+Freedom limits close to 5k for visa sigg on freedom and a preapproval on CSP perhaps? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Recon Success!

Message 2 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

Approved for Chase Freedom instantly 1500 cl applied for Chase Slate received 14 day message called backdoor recon (thanks for the awesome thread on backdoor numbers) recon CSR said pending told me to hold one second and came back and said unfortunately due to number inquiries we cannot approve you at this time. Smiley Sad told me some things to do that would eventually get me approved.. and I listened and thanked her for the information and I asked since it was another HP would it be possible to recon my limit on Chase Freedom she said that would not be possible w/out another hp then she said but I can see if we can process this application for Slate and take a second look she said I cannot guarantee anything but I can see. I said okay thank you Smiley Very HappyDDD Smiley Very HappyDD Smiley Very HappyDD hiding my excitement. 

Came back on the line asked me about my student status and full time employment status and what I do for a living my monthly rent she put me on hold and came back on and said I can get this approved BUT I cannot give you a credit limit more than 500 !! I guess beggars can't be choosers!!! Anyone know why I was instant approved on Freedom for 1.5 and can only get 500 on Slate ?

Got to start somewhere on my path to CSP Smiley Very HappyDD any tips on how to get this Slate+Freedom limits close to 5k for visa sigg on freedom and a preapproval on CSP perhaps? 

grats on the approval!

i am guessing it is because you're a student with limited income, the maximum exposure chase is willing to have to you is $2000 total.

use the card well with time and establish relationship with Chase.

As for wanting higher limits with Chase, any CLI is another HP. Just study hard, graduate and land a good job with a good income, and you can qualify for CSP easily.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 4 of 11
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Thanks!!
Message 5 of 11
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 11
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Thanks!!! I forgot to ask CSR if I qualified for 0% APR on purchases and BT.... Any way to check that automated still just saying my regular APR. 

Message 7 of 11
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 8 of 11
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Thanks

Message 9 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

Thanks!!! I forgot to ask CSR if I qualified for 0% APR on purchases and BT.... Any way to check that automated still just saying my regular APR. 

you should qualify for 0% apr on purchase and BT....that's the only thing people get slate for.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.