Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ritz Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ritz Approval

It was not an instant approval. Upon submission, I was given the 7-10 business days notice. I called the automated status line about a half hour later and it was showing approved for the minimum $10,000, which I'm happy with since it's my first five-digit SL. The account is also showing in my Chase login too.

I haven't received any notifications on which bureau was pulled, but Chase has pulled just EX for me in the past. EX 8 is 708 and 14% UTI, with several lates from 2012. This now will be my primary driver, as I will be traveling more due to my future In-laws being located on the other side of the states. This pretty much ends my credit card apping for essentially ever unless I decide to try for the CSR for the more flexible travel credit, but that won't be for at least two or three years. I am way over 5/24, which is why I went for this instead of the CSR. I haven't had any pre-approvals in branch, and i have a trip that I will be planning within the next month, so I pulled the trigger on this one. I do have the Southwest card ($3000) and a checking account with Chase.

Thanks for everyone being awesome and so helpful in this community. It has been your advice that has helped me get to where I am. I seriously would have never pictured myself with a premium card like this when I started my rebuild. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Ritz Approval

Be patient with getting it.  You can't expedite like the other cards, it can take more than a week because they have to verify with Marriott your rewards number, etc.

Message 2 of 26
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

They almost never are instant these days but you might agree that this one didn't take very long for you after all.

Congrats! on yoyur approval and the 5 digit limit!

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks jtb2016! I will try and be patient. Despite knowing it won't be here for a bit, i still get exited checking the mail. Smiley Happy

And thank you, CreditMagic7! I was a bit pessimistic after I saw the 7-10 day at first. It sure was a nice surprise to hear the automated lady say I was approved. I had to replay it to make sure. Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh also I have a question... I signed into my Chase account and saw that my first due date isn't due until February 11th. Is this normal? I have never seen a first bill pushed that far.
Message 5 of 26
NP27
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Chase Ritz !!
Message 6 of 26
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on Ritz card.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 26
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It was not an instant approval. Upon submission, I was given the 7-10 business days notice. I called the automated status line about a half hour later and it was showing approved for the minimum $10,000, which I'm happy with since it's my first five-digit SL. The account is also showing in my Chase login too.

I haven't received any notifications on which bureau was pulled, but Chase has pulled just EX for me in the past. EX 8 is 708 and 14% UTI, with several lates from 2012. This now will be my primary driver, as I will be traveling more due to my future In-laws being located on the other side of the states. This pretty much ends my credit card apping for essentially ever unless I decide to try for the CSR for the more flexible travel credit, but that won't be for at least two or three years. I am way over 5/24, which is why I went for this instead of the CSR. I haven't had any pre-approvals in branch, and i have a trip that I will be planning within the next month, so I pulled the trigger on this one. I do have the Southwest card ($3000) and a checking account with Chase.

Thanks for everyone being awesome and so helpful in this community. It has been your advice that has helped me get to where I am. I seriously would have never pictured myself with a premium card like this when I started my rebuild. Smiley Happy

Congrats!

What is the advantage of the Ritz over CSR other than the bonus nightgs? If you do not mind my asking? After the 1st year, you need to spend $$$ to earn the rewards.

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh also I have a question... I signed into my Chase account and saw that my first due date isn't due until February 11th. Is this normal? I have never seen a first bill pushed that far.

that's very normal.  Mine is February 9th.  On a side note, my card is being delivered Monday (6 days after approval).  Be sure to call in and ask for it to be expedited.

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

What is the advantage of the Ritz over CSR other than the bonus nightgs? If you do not mind my asking? After the 1st year, you need to spend $$$ to earn the rewards.

the biggest advantage is the perks at Ritz (club level, dining credit, etc).  In addition, if you spend 75k, you can get Platinum elite status.  So, if you stay at Ritz's, it is well worth it. If you don't that much, definitely go CSR.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.