Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ritz Approved!

tag
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Chase Ritz Approved!

Well just when I thought I had chase figured out.. I don't. I applied for the Ritz and Amazon Prime card. I've been fighting recon another recon for the Amazon Prime card. They keep arguing that I had to many new account with Chase, to much exposure, etc... mind you this was all before the Ritz approval. I had the 30 day message for a week, then it turned into the 7-10 day. Thanks to @Scuderia for reminding me I called the robo lady same message. Logged into my chase account and BOOM approved SL $20,000. Chase refuses to CLI my freedom or CSP for the last 3 years and refused to approve Amazon because my exposure was too high with Chase however they give me $20K (Must be that annual fee they want). I've added almost $60K in TL this week so back to the garden I go.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Ritz Approved!

Congrats on the Ritz approval and nice start line too.

It seems Chase has certain cards that are in some category where they want to distribute approvals compared to others where those get more scrutiny to your accounts/INQ's etc. We just sometimes never know but happy to see yours finally came through and with a very usable limit because the CLI's from Chase can be difficult at best.

Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats enjoy your Ritz.. Just used 60 of my travel reimbursement this week actually on mine.. Whether I keep it for a 3rd year when comes up for reneewal in november is up for debate.. Love the card, but benefits are better on the CSR.. I am torn Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats enjoy your Ritz.. Just used 60 of my travel reimbursement this week actually on mine.. Whether I keep it for a 3rd year when comes up for reneewal in november is up for debate.. Love the card, but benefits are better on the CSR.. I am torn Smiley Happy

I'm still unfamiliar with Ritz, however is it one of those cards you can close and move limits to another card? I got this card because I'm attending a wedding at the Ritz but will be staying for 6 nights and I can hit the sign up bonus before then. I'll defiantly keep the card through the year but need to make sure I can justify the AF moving forward. 

Message 4 of 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Yes, you can close the Ritz and reallocate limits.

I got the Ritz card a year ago to get Marriott Gold Elite status (usually stay at a Marriott).

Took the family to New York and used the 3 free nights at Battery Park Ritz.

Now with mergers etc, my Plat AMEX card gets me Marriott gold, so I closed the Ritz (Need to spend $10,000 a year to maintain Gold status). I moved $31,500 of my $32,000 credit line to other Chase cards. The last $500 remains on the card and was closed.

The heavy metal card is cool until the 3rd or 4th time a cashier drops it because they don't expect the weight.

Message 5 of 6
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

Yes, you can close the Ritz and reallocate limits.

I got the Ritz card a year ago to get Marriott Gold Elite status (usually stay at a Marriott).

Took the family to New York and used the 3 free nights at Battery Park Ritz.

Now with mergers etc, my Plat AMEX card gets me Marriott gold, so I closed the Ritz (Need to spend $10,000 a year to maintain Gold status). I moved $31,500 of my $32,000 credit line to other Chase cards. The last $500 remains on the card and was closed.

The heavy metal card is cool until the 3rd or 4th time a cashier drops it because they don't expect the weight.

Good to know, will keep this in mind next year if necessary. Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.