Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ritz Carlton approval odds. **Update**

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Ritz Carlton approval odds. **Update**

Good luck .. I really want this card for some reason lol but I have been holding off applying.

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 71 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it's official I am APPROVED!!! Just got a call from fraud to verify a few things and I got it. Only 5k credit line which I'm not surprised since with all I went thru but I'm ok with that. I want to really thank everyone who has been there and helped along the way.  So excited for this one. Now I garden for a long time lol.

Message 72 of 88
nitrov
Established Contributor

Wooohooooo! Congrats! 6-12 months from now I'm sure they'll give you a nice big bump. I started with $500 on my freedom card after my identity was stolen and they were one of the creditors that got burned. They bumped me from $500 to $4500 and then most recently to $15k. My 2nd card with them (less than 6 months after I got freedom) was $9k CL, and now my most recent (Marriott) they gave me $25k. Chase takes care of you as long as you don't burn them and can play by their rules of the sandbox lol
My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 73 of 88
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well it's official I am APPROVED!!! Just got a call from fraud to verify a few things and I got it. Only 5k credit line which I'm not surprised since with all I went thru but I'm ok with that. I want to really thank everyone who has been there and helped along the way.  So excited for this one. Now I garden for a long time lol.

Huge congrats on your new Ritz Carlton approval!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 74 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. Now with chase when can I request a cli or are they automatic? I pay my cards off in full every month so I figure 6 months of use than ask.  Just not sure how chase works in that regards.

Message 75 of 88
nitrov
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys. Now with chase when can I request a cli or are they automatic? I pay my cards off in full every month so I figure 6 months of use than ask.  Just not sure how chase works in that regards.

Chase VERY VERY rarely gives auto CLIs. Usually once every couple years if at all. You can request one in 6-12 months, but unfortunately it'll be an HP. Aim high, they can always counter if they want to give you less. I'd wait 6-9 months with great payment history then ask for $15-20k.

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 76 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks nitrov I plan to use it heavily as my main card for a while to establish good history with them and do like you say request an increase in the future.

Message 77 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.

Message 78 of 88
pa850
Regular Contributor

Congratulations.  They will give an increase if you treat them right.  I started with a 5,000 CLI.  Now it's 15,000.  It's been a little over a year. 

Message 79 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pa850 when you say treat them right what would you say are good tips. I typically pay my cards off in full each month.  Did they auto cli you or did you ask for them?

Message 80 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.