Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ritz Carlton

tag
finfree
Regular Contributor

Chase Ritz Carlton

I currently live in an area where one of the very expensive and most desirable Tier 4 RCs are located, but will be moving cross country soon. Despite not intending to apply for any new cards, I decided to apply for the Chase RC for several reasons: 1) I can charge and then immediately pay off my upcoming taxes, thereby easily meeting the minimum spend for a small transaction fee; 2) I will be able to use the two free nights for two different stays when I fly back to where I currently live (which I otherwise need to do 4x’s year) and will be able to stay at the Tier 4 location there (at least $1,300 for two nights at regular rate); 3) the card provides an easy way for me to make DH an AU and thereby have his own Priority Pass (I already have this from CSR, but DH is not an authorized user on that card and we often travel separately); 4) when travelling together, DH and I will be able to use the Club level upgrades and $100 off companion air ticket for weekend getaways to other Ritz locations; and 5) we have more than $300 in baggage fees, incidental travel fees etc/year so this drives down the effective cost of the card.

I applied and got the 30 day notification. I called Chase because I knew there would be a verification issue (I have a fraud alert with all 3 credit bureaus). Recorded message confirmed 30 day wait, but I persisted in requesting to speak with a human. Anyway, I spoke with two different people (seemed like one was for verification and one to determine SL) and was approved for $34k SL, identical to the SL for the CSR I obtained in January.

I was told (not sure if true) that should they increase the SUB to three free nights in the next 90 days I would get the third night. Any rumors on that front? Seems highly doubtful to me. Other thoughts on the card? I really won’t use it much for other than RC stays, but the other features seem pretty attractive.

Starting Score (October 7, 2010): EQ: 698 TU: 709
Interim Score: EQ (October 21, 2010): 714 TU (November 2, 2010): 732
More Recent Interim Score: (March 14, 2018- all FICO8): TU: 831: EQ: 824: EX: 827
Goal Score: 850 all

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Ritz Carlton

Congrats on a very nice approval amount!

They could have a 3rd night promotion being launched today or next several days for an extra 1k in spend is typical so basically 4k spend for 3 nights if that offer is coming back as it has existed before.  Might want to have them elaborate on that a bit more?  Call them back and say someone else mentioned this can you please explain and either they will act dumb or tell you that x offer is effective and you can elect that offer for a bit higher spend.  Otherwise if it becomes public say within next 15 days 3 day offer they will usually match those offers for additional spend, etc. by a quick call or SM.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Ritz Carlton

That’s an awesome starting line.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.