Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase SP CLI / APR reduction: surprise!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase SP CLI / APR reduction: surprise!

I have read a lot on these forums about how difficult it is to get an APR reduction with Chase. APR is frankly none of my concern as I never carry a balance, but...

Today, I was calling Chase customer service with the number on the back of my CSR, with an insurance related question. Nothing related to either CLIs or APRs.

The CR was apparently in a good day.

He did spontaneously let me know that he could check for a CLI for my card, without a hard pull. I got a soft pull CLI that more than doubled my credit line, from 25k to 52k. Cherry on the cake, he also told me that my APR would be reduced from 22,24 to 19,24%.

I merely have had the card for one year, with slightly more than two year credit history. I did not expect any of that from Chase, especially without asking. This is the biggest CLI I ever had. By far.

Interestingly, my CL is now alarmingly concentrated with Chase, the next highest cards being a 18k CFU, a 10k BCP and a 8k BofA Cash Rewards. I now have more than 80% of my limit with them. BofA won’t give me a CLI for insufficient usage, I will ask for an Amex CLI next month.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase SP CLI / APR reduction: surprise!

Congrats on the increase and APR reduction

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's an incredible increase, congrats! Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's unheard of!! Super congrats!!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! How much spend have you put on the CSR? And what is your income? These would be helpful data points for others :-)

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m using the CSR as my daily driver. My monthly spend is approximately 5k on the CSR + 1k on the CFU.

Reported income is 180k, of which ~120k land on a Chase sapphire current account (most of which are transferred swiftly to a BBVA savings account).

The rest of my credit landscape is only composed of the Amex that gets ~.5k of spending a month, 4 other cards with barely any noticeable usage (none with a balance), and an auto loan at my local CU that has 30% remaining balance (12k) — I could pay it off, but prefer to let it help my credit score.

FICO scores are between 775 and 790 as reported from BofA and Discover.
Message 6 of 11
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on that rare SP CLI and APR reduction!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Between the Auto CLIs and this reduction...is this a kinder, gentler Chase? Definitely interested to see if theyd knock my aprs down a peg.
Message 8 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

I almost cannot express happiness simply due to Chase CLI jealousy.  Alas, congrats. That's an amazing CLI, crazy that it's a soft pull, and cherry on the cake you got an APR reduction.  Was it the employees last day?!

Message 9 of 11
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on the increase and the reduction!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.