cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Saphhire Preferred Approval

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Established Member

Chase Saphhire Preferred Approval

I have a lot of credit cards, and while I don't "churn", I do average more than 5 in 24 months, so I always considered Chase's core credit card family out of reach for me becuase of their 5/24 rule.  Yesterday, I went into a Chase branch for a money order, and was informed "you're pre-approved for a credit card" by the bank teller.  Being a pretty skeptical person, I was only willing to accept this from a banker with the words "pre-approved" on the screen, and even then expected a "7-10 business days response."  A few questions about income and residency later, I was approved for a Sapphire Preferred with a 10k SL plus 60k spending bonus.  Not too bad!

Chase didn't provide me my score, but the last FICO score I saw was 674.  They pulled Experian.  This is in Indiana.  The branch had Private Client, but I'm not a private client--I doubt this makes any difference, but maybe worth mentioning.

I'll be putting all my spending on this CSP card until I get the bonus, and then I'll have to evaluate my Annual Fee situation.  I also have a Amex Gold, Amex Delta Gold, and Chase IHG Premier, so I think one of these will need to be downgraded to a no annual fee card.  $550 in annual fees is a lot for not having the perks of a Sapphire Reserve or Amex Platinum, so something will go on the chopping block.  Possibly the Delta Gold, or I'll downgrade this CSP to a Freedom after one year.

Thanks for reading, and make sure to ask about those branch pre-approvals!
Payding down debt to prep for a mortgage.

Cards in my wallet: Amex Gold, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Lowes Advantage

Sock drawer: Lots of old store cards and not great no-rewards cards for history and utilization padding, some lame no AF cards I drunk-apped

Next Cards: AMEX Everyday and Chase Freedom?
11 REPLIES 11
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Saphhire Preferred Approval

Congrats on your approval !!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 2 of 12
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!! There is alot of people who are rarely under 5/24! So congrats on the in branch approval. Not a bad SL either....

Sounds like you have a solid plan!!

Again, congrats and cheers!!

Starting scores - 480 - 11/05/18
Current Scores -

Message 3 of 12

In branch pre approvals are solid, grats on your new card.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 4 of 12
Super Contributor

That is an Awesome Approval

Message 5 of 12
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, enjoy your csp.
$1,000 is a lot to owe, yet little to have.
Credit Cards

Debit Cards

Message 6 of 12
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 7 of 12
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Chase seems more generous in-branch lol congrats on the great SL and SUB!

Discover It: 19.7k
Amex BCE: 18k
Citi DC: 5.7k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once you go Berner, you never go back.
Message 8 of 12
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 9 of 12
Established Contributor

tenorBam!

“If you don’t know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.” – Ayn Rand
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.