Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Saphire Preferred Approval!!! Finally Pulled the trigger

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Saphire Preferred Approval!!! Finally Pulled the trigger

This is my third approval in 6 months and WILL be my last. I now have a total of 3 revolvers and 1 CC I was just approved last month for an AMEX PRC thanks to all of your support. For giggles, I checked the Chase Pre Approval website and for the first time ever the CSP popped up. This was a month ago... After reading in the forum that the chase pre approval is fairly spot on, I nervously pulled the trigger. 

I was APPROVED for a starting limit of 5k and 23%apr.. I know its high so I am thinking I squeaked by. This has been my end all be all dream card along with the AMEX PRC so I am having an amazing month!!!! Thank you all so much for posting everything and spreading that info. 

Also as an FYI if you call the CSP line and tell them you are going to travel (which I am) they will 2 day your card with no fee. The number is 1-800-493-3319 Someone picks up almost immediately btw.. I think I am going to love this card!!!

I have a TU of 670

EQ of 690

EX of 674

One capital one charge off from 2013

One HSBC charge off from 2011

Two hard inquiries in past year

Utilization of 5%

70K in income

Oldest CC is a NFCU 10K limit 12.5 year history

Second is a NFCU Flagship 10K 6 months

Amex PRC 1 month

Let me know if I can be of assistance If anyone has questions! Trust me if I can do it.. you can.. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Saphire Preferred Approval!!! Finally Pulled the trigger

Grats on the approval Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Way to go!!  Congrats!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and thanks for sharing your scores. Now go spend $4k so you can get that bonus!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

The CSP was my first mid/upper tier card, it's a great card!

Message 5 of 10
gatorlover
Contributor

Awesome, congrats! I'm guessing those high limit cards you already had must have helped in the decision. From what I hear, Chase does not want to be the first one to give you a $5k limit with the CSP unless you already have another accont at/above that. Currently, my highest line of credit is $4K with Dell and none of my consumer CC are quite high enough (highest non-store card is $1250 on my QS One)

I have similar scores, but think I'll have to garden for a couple of years before I can set my own sights on the CSP.

Current

Starting (May 2020)

Reaching for 750+
Message 6 of 10
elim
Senior Contributor

@gatorlover wrote:

Awesome, congrats! I'm guessing those high limit cards you already had must have helped in the decision. From what I hear, Chase does not want to be the first one to give you a $5k limit with the CSP unless you already have another accont at/above that. Currently, my highest line of credit is $4K with Dell and none of my consumer CC are quite high enough (highest non-store card is $1250 on my QS One)

I have similar scores, but think I'll have to garden for a couple of years before I can set my own sights on the CSP.

6 Montrh gareden garden worked for me with those scores/limits.  GL

Congrats OP. great card.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gatorlover wrote:

Gatorlover,

I am thinking you are right not that. Depending on your income, I would try and challenge Capital One for a higher limit. My Girlfriend is on the credit journey with me... and the QS is her first credit card. She went from 1000k to 5500 in a year. Just throwing that out there.... As you can see.. I even had a couple of baddies on there and was approved. 

Also I wanted to add that they pulled EQ and TU for hard inquiries. 

Good luck

Message 8 of 10
gatorlover
Contributor

Thanks guys! My income is 92k, and I have had my current CapOne for just a bit over a year and just finally got a CLI from $750 to $1250. I am hoping for another CLI in 6 months and hopefully they will be more generous next time, and hopefully I can reach that sweet 5K+ spot before this time next year. 

Current

Starting (May 2020)

Reaching for 750+
Message 9 of 10
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats on a great top tier Card!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.