Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Approval, and Thank You Members

tag
Nuggy
Established Member

Chase Sapphire Approval, and Thank You Members

Before I go into the details, I want to thank everyone on these forums for all the knowledge you have provided me over the last several years.  Back in 08/09 I had scores that hovered around 600 on a good day.  My credit sucked.  With the good fortune of a stable job, decent income and the help of all the posters and messages here, I now have Fico 8 scores of 797-EX, 803-EQ, and 843-TU.  (That EX has been at 797 for months now, no matter what I do I can't push it over that final hump!  I know it's gravy at this point but I'm sure you all understand!)

Anyway, I'm pleased to report that I recently applied for CSP.  I have a fraud alert on my file after some ID theft issues in 2013, so the online app expectedly game me the 7-21 day message.  I waited a week and called for an update, the rep said it was waiting for verification, put me through to that department, and verified me over the phone.  'We'll sent it over for approval now' they said.

Well, a week later I was getting impatient with the automated status line so I called the back door number again.  Interestingly, they said it was still waiting for verification, so I went through that whole process again, although this time she said they had already recommended it for approval and I should be receiving my card in a few weeks!

Finally received my card today, and was amazed to find a 32k starting limit!  I couldn't have done all this without the help of these forums so thank you all!

It's been interesting for some people in other posts so here's my credit profile if anyone's interested:

I have a mortgage opened in 2007 and some previous mortgages still reporting from before (some refis in there).  186 owed from original of 206k.

Current new auto loan taken out in 2012; 12k owed out of 36k original.  

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, 25k (opened in 2013 at $12k, online CLI in 2014 to 14.5k, another online CLI in 2015 to 25k)

WF Signature Visa, 6k

WF Financial Visa, 5.8k

Citi Diamond preferred, 11.5k (This may be an AU account; primary is under my wife's name and we simply ordered a second card with my name on it, and it started showing up on my report - we never even provided them my SSN!)

11k combined across 7 oddball old cards from Cap1 and similar.

I carry balances across only the Amex and / or Citi at any one time, always PIF after they report (to show >$0 usage, which is the general consensus of the best route), usually well under $1000/mo total.  The other cards I just keep around for their age, so the oldest account keeps aging and the AAoA doesn't take as much of a hit with a new card.

All CRAs show a 30 day late on one credit card from 2009 (cuz I forgot - whoops), and my last payment on my previous new auto loan in 2010 shows 30/60 days late depending on the CRA.  I've disputed this because it was a bank mixup regarding the final payment amount, but they won't admit their mistake beyond cleaning it up from what they originally had as a 90-day late. 

No other baddies other than an old, unpaid $75 collection from 2009 on TU only (ironically, by far the best FICO score - go figure).

Household income on my application was $182k (which is combined between my wife and me).  

I hope the above info not only gives some info to everyone, but also gives some hope to those who were struggling like I was, that you can come out of this and kick some serious a** on the other side.  

I'm happy to provide any additional info on what my credit looks like if it helps.  Still can't get over that starting line; I would have been happy with 5k and calling the recon line tomorrow with a plea for more.  I'm thinking I don't need it now Smiley Happy

I've lurked for a long time but hope to help and contrubite more going forward so I can help others like you all helped me.  Thanks again everyone!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Approval, and Thank You Members

what an amazing story and huge congrats!! All you guys with your successful credit builds and CSP approvals this week are making me crazy!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you, sir. Welcome to the CSP fraternity. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Fantastic starting limit.

Message 4 of 14
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the hard work.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats! 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Gratz, What did you report as your income and Did they ask for verification of income. 

You got my dream card. Jealous but proud of you Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Message 9 of 14
Nuggy
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Super Gratz, What did you report as your income and Did they ask for verification of income. 

You got my dream card. Jealous but proud of you Smiley Tongue

App asked for household income, so I put my wife's and my combined salaries = $182k.  They did not ask me for any verification or authorization to check, just texted me a code to the phone number on my fraud alert and sent me on my way.

Additional piece of possibly useful info:  I'm in MN, and they pulled both EQ and EX reports.  Interestingly, neither score dropped when the inq hit my reports.  I did not have any other inqs in the last 12 months.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.