Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Approval with low scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Approval with low scores

Wow! Even better! That's good all around!
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmtkidz wrote:
Yesterday, I walked in Chase bank in NYC to open up a business checking acct & business cc. After reading on this forum I was scared to apply especially after the banker told me that nothing came up for pre-approvals. Instead, I opened a personal & business checking account and that’s where my pre-approval was showing. We submitted and I was approved for $14,700 sl. Later, I applied for the Amex PRG and was approved. I’ve been working on my utilization so this is a surprise to me.
Cards CL Balance
PenFed promise 33k 31k
PenFed rewards 10k 8k
CapOne 3k 900
CreditOne 2400 1200

Scores EQ-665, TU- 634 and EX-657
Lost 2pts EQ so far/chase pulled from EQ & EX

Congrats on two great approvals.  Chase digs your profile.

Am I reading your DPs correctly with an aggregate utilization of 84.9%—total credit limit $48.4K vs. useage of $41.3K?

PenFed - CL $33K / Bal $31K - UTL 93%

PenFed - CL $10K / Bal $8K - UTL 80%

Message 12 of 28
tmtkidz
Established Member

Thank you!
Yes, you are correct. I’m working on my utilization.

photo edited-image_zpsxhumgzar.png photo edited-image_zpstvoicbo1.png photo edited-image_zpsy4ocgzbv.png photo edited-image_zpsdtlngru5.png photo AMEX Plum Business_zpslq76wwb4.jpg photo Barclays Uber_zps0kmoy3ee.jpg photo edited-image_zpsyu4vsihk.png photo edited-image_zpsljthhttb.png photo edited-image_zpsf08iy7ax.png photo Credit One visa_zpssznw6sjx.jpg photo Credit One mastercard_zpsczztrkol.jpg
Penfed Promise 33k, Penfed Rewards 10k, AMEX charge card,
Chase Sapphire 14,700, AMEX Biz charge card, Uber 5k,
Discover 3k, Cap One 3250, Wells Fargo 2k,
Credit One Visa 2400 and Credit one Mastercard 1k
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmtkidz wrote:
Thank you!
Yes, you are correct. I’m working on my utilization.

This approval gives you a nice boost. Should drop you to around 65%. Very nice indeed. 

Message 14 of 28
tmtkidz
Established Member

Yes, that was my hope and by next month those 2 pts will be back since I’m paying down weekly.

photo edited-image_zpsxhumgzar.png photo edited-image_zpstvoicbo1.png photo edited-image_zpsy4ocgzbv.png photo edited-image_zpsdtlngru5.png photo AMEX Plum Business_zpslq76wwb4.jpg photo Barclays Uber_zps0kmoy3ee.jpg photo edited-image_zpsyu4vsihk.png photo edited-image_zpsljthhttb.png photo edited-image_zpsf08iy7ax.png photo Credit One visa_zpssznw6sjx.jpg photo Credit One mastercard_zpsczztrkol.jpg
Message 15 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Agree your utilization is high which is  suppressing your scores...I would of personally worked on paying some of that down prior to taking on more credit, but to each and their own... Good luck with paying off some hefty CC debt and congrts on the approval

Message 16 of 28
tmtkidz
Established Member

Thank you! I agree with you 100%. I’m working on that as we speak. I just felt that extra card would give me a little cushion.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's no harm in closing your Capital One account now.  An account that is closed in good standing remains on your credit report for 10 years so your Average Age of Accounts will not decrease.  And by the time the closed account falls off your report the other accouts would have age sufficiently that any change to AAoA is negligible.

Message 18 of 28
tmtkidz
Established Member

Okay-thank you! It was the Credit one account that I was thinking about closing. Should I closed the CapOne as well. They both have low limits but they come with AF.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmtkidz wrote:
Okay-thank you! It was the Credit one account that I was thinking about closing. Should I closed the CapOne as well. They both have low limits but they come with AF.

I would pay both accounts off and close them.  So  in the event any notation is added to your credit report is will show that it was closed by the account holder and not by the creditor.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.