Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Pref Approved

tag
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Pref Approved

@KlineJS wrote:

Have Slate 3.2K and Freedom 4K over a year and i am definitely way over 5/24... I received the offer for Freedom Unlimited and CSP.

I decided to follow the guidance of the community, went to the Branch and was convinced by a CSR to get Freedom instead of CSP, because of Annual fee and was DENIED. Should have followed my instinct.

So I was like F#$$ IT i will just do the CSP online..... WELL APPROVED for 18.6K

Fico 8 692TU

Keep up the work community

That's Great!

Snoop 1.gif

Message 11 of 23
calyx
Super Contributor

@KlineJS wrote:

Have Slate 3.2K and Freedom 4K over a year and i am definitely way over 5/24... I received the offer for Freedom Unlimited and CSP.

I decided to follow the guidance of the community, went to the Branch and was convinced by a CSR to get Freedom instead of CSP, because of Annual fee and was DENIED. Should have followed my instinct.

So I was like F#$$ IT i will just do the CSP online..... WELL APPROVED for 18.6K

Fico 8 692TU

I love that you got it online after being denied another chase product in branch and being over 5/24.

Congrats!  

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and great service limit. I have my eyes on that card. Once I get below 5/24 and drop some of these inquiries, I may have to pull the trigger. 

Message 13 of 23
KlineJS
Established Member

TU...

I think chase used the same INQ from the Branch Application, because applying for CSP on the same day 30mins later from within my Chase account did NOT incur another HP

Can anyone advise if that is the case....

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow... Not approved for a freedom but very approved for CSP for over 18k..... Wow
Congrats on the approval and great SL. That's awesome!
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Approval!!!!

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you! So you had the opposite of what most people have with your in-branch application experience, huh?

Chase has my banking (Sapphire) and investment business but, as of a year ago, wouldn't approve me for a Sapphire reserve. I've been afraid of getting turned down again. Really want the Sapphire Reserve card for the travel benefits as I travel for work.

AMEX just approved me for a Platinum, which also has amazing benefits and I got the 100,000 point bonus. Still want CSP/R, but AMEX really surprised me. 

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KlineJS wrote:

Fico 8 692TU

Congrats on your approval for the CSP card.

However, can you please clarify a point that is unclear from your earlier comments?

Did you have an "in-branch pre-approval" for the Freedom Unlimited, or did you just cold app for it at the branch location because you were persuaded to do so by the personal banker?  In other words, did the personal banker look up your account on his/her computer and tell you that you were pre-approved for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card?

There's a huge difference between an "in branch pre-approval" and an "in branch application" and its not clear which occurred here.  With an "in branch pre-approval" you are only asked to verify your income and address; everything else is pre-filled on the application screen. Usually an "in-branch pre-approval" is almost a guarantee that you would be approved for the card which did not happen in your case so I'm curious about the details.  Also, an "in branch pre-approval" bypasses the 5/24 rule while other types of offers might not.

An "in branch pre-approval" is distinctly different and separate from the "Selected for You" or "Just for You" offers that can pop up in your mobile app, Chase online account, or Chase Credit Journey page.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Weird. Usually the in-branch apps are more successful with Chase lol. Congrats on getting the card you originally wanted and with a fantastic SL! Now call up that customer service rep and tell him/her what happened lol

There's a difference between having an "in branch pre-approval" before applying for a card, and just applying for the card at the branch.  Its not clear which the OP did.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.