Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Prefered: Pending [APPROVED]

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Prefered: Pending [APPROVED]

Wanted to give an update. After my denial from Chase three months ago, I decided maybe it was time to try out again since I have a card with a high $10k limit and my scores are better. Below is my profile:

Real FICO scores:

EX is 729

EQ is 727

TU is 736

AAoA is 7 months with the following cards, name (Limit) (Age), 2% utilization and all paid off:

- Local bank credit card (650$) (14 months)

- AMEX PRG (NPSL, highest was ~1'800$) (6 months)

- Citi Double Cash (2'000$) (5 months)

- AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles (10'000$) (3 months)

EX Inq: 6 (only two in the past 6 months soon)

EQ Inq: 4 (only one in the past 6 months)

TU Inq: 1 (none in the past 6 months)

At first the web page told me to wait 7-10 days for a decision, but I called the status line. The status line told me to wait 30 days for a reponse by mail. Well today (the day after apping) the verification rep called me to verify records. I was slightly confused and could not figure out my own mobile number! Anyways, I cleared the two questions and the rep said to wait 5-7 business days for a letter to verify more information. I suspect it's identification, but they didn't give me the option to go in branch or fax in. Could I possibly just do those two options to speed things up, before the letter arrives?

People noted in the past to mail it in because of faxing issues, so one day certified mail might do the trick too.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Prefered: Pending

Yes, you can speed it up.  Defiantely go into the branch and let them verify you.  Update with final results.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Prefered: Pending

Update: So I received my verification letter on Saturday (12th). Sent out the copy of my driver's license, letter, and passport visa USPS. My verification arrived at Chase on Wednesday (16th). During that time and up until Sunday (20th) the message changed from 30 days to 7-10 days.

Today the message changed again to 30 days, which must mean they received my verification information. Still no word yet, but the signs look good!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Prefered: Pending [APPROVED]

UPDATE: Just call the automated line and they said I was approved! Card should be here in 10 days apparently, but I estimate between 3-4 days since I live a state over their processing facility where the letters and stuff is sent.

Message 4 of 9
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE: Just call the automated line and they said I was approved! Card should be here in 10 days apparently, but I estimate between 3-4 days since I live a state over their processing facility where the letters and stuff is sent.

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@surferchris wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks! I wanted to post it here in detail because browsing the forums myself, there was some inconsistent and missing information regarding the CSP application/approval process by others. A lot of people had different experiences and broken up into small less descriptive posts. I say 'NO' to that and as an engineer, I've made careful observations of this process!

Generally, from this experience:

• 30 day automated message by the phone system after applying is a good sign.
  • I did not receive a confirmation email of my application like I did a few months ago.
  • Chase verification and fraud department called me after waiting a few days (measure by post history)
  • Getting your mobile number wrong and having un-verifiable address info is likely to cause the ID confirmation. You can go in branch if one is near you, fax in a copy of your ID WITH the corresponding case number, or simply mail it in. I mialed my information in on USPS and they received it in two days.
  • During the days where you were expected to receive the letter and respond, it will say the 7-10 days message on the automated line.
  • Once they receive your information and are reveiwing it, the system will change to the 30-day message again.
  • If everything is clear and it's the begining of the week, expect it to be approved and sent out that week. Note, I only received the email regarding my approval on the day of approval stating I shall receive my card in 10 days.
  • No need to call ahead of time and rush the process. Everything goes well and nothing flagged up other than verifying my identity.

From my panel, the card is being shipped from the west coast via first-class mail. Expect it here this week though, if USPS doesn't take Turkey Day into account. Otherwise another day won't hurt as long as I can book my airfare soon Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the thorough data points!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

**CONGRATULATIONS on your new card and SL. Enjoy it this Holiday season. Ask for expedited mailing, so you can get to spending.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final update: I received my card today and verified everything. I did not request expidited shipping (though I really should have), so it took about a week by first class mail from Ohio to two states over.

The CSP limit is 5'000$ (5,000$ for Google stuff). Not too bad and I'll definitely be using it on a few travels I need to get a move on booking!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.