Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10K SL with ok credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10K SL with ok credit

Finally joined this forum after using it the past couple years for insight and just wanted to share some info on an approval I got for the CSP today. Did not think I was going to get the approval let alone a 10K SL which is pretty decent for someone in their very early 20s.

Didnt do much research on the card before applying, I just bank with Chase and when I logged into my account I had the green checkmark "Offer selected for you" so I went for it. All it asked for was my income and phone number and I figured it was an actual preapproval since it had 17.99 as the APR on the card agreement instead of a range. Submitted the app and was disappointed bc it didnt give an instant approval. I got the 30 day email instead (better than the 7-10 day email) but still not an approval.
I waited a day and called the application line 800-436-7927 and pressed 0 to speak with a rep so I could get the app pushed through quicker (have always gotten immediate approvals doing this in the past with Citi and Amex). Got transferred to a higher up but all the woman would tell me was I would have to call her back on the 19th and she'd have more information (this was 6 days ago). She gave me a direct line which I was about to call today (being the 19th) but I figured I'd call the automated line just for fun and was glad I did - was informed I was approved for a 10K SL - double my highest previous limit which was the Chase Freedom Unlimited. Also got the lowest APR of 17.99 which surprised me.

Some info on me, my scores hover right below 700 on all 3 bureaus. Currently 693 on EXP which Chase uses in Southern California. I've only had credit for a few years so my AAoA is less than 2 years. I have never had any derogatory items, never a late payment, no collections etc. I ran up my balances the last year on small business expenses and have just recently been able to pay off most of my cards but still have a high balance on my Freedom card so I was surprised they were willing to give me twice the limit on the CSP. But my track record is great and I always make substantial payments (never minimums). I also had 13 inquiries on EXP prior to applying which added to my surprise. All that to say I'm not entirely sure what they look for in applicants but I think my track record with them definitely had the most impact since apart from that I dont look that great on paper. Hope this helps anyone looking to apply for it!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred - 10K SL with ok credit

Congrats, thanks for sharingSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 3 of 15
Lemark
Contributor

Congratulations on the approval!

wellsfargoamexamexamexamexamexboaboaboa
caponechasechasewellsfargoamexchasechasechasebbyciticitidsrapplecardpncwellsfargo
Message 4 of 15
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Wow! That is quite the awesome approval! Congrats, welcome to the Sapphire club and hope you are able to get that sub bonus!!
Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  I guess 5/24 wasn't a problem with them targeting you...  thanks for the data. Enoy the card

Message 6 of 15
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL ..also thanks data points !!!

Message 8 of 15
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 15
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

Congrats ! ! !

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.