Did you mean: 

Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000 success

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000 success

Bam!Bam!

@Anonymous wrote:
... I received a bonus at my new job of $5000 and put it all towards pay offs. I paid all the cards off and my credit skyrocketed 150 on all bureaus. ...

That is how you do it! Way to go! The score is the gratification, not the purchase.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 11 of 13
Petit3tee
Contributor

Congratz! CSP is a great card with lots of benefits. I started off almost the same path as you - cap1, discover, Amex blue then chase. I see you’re aiming for an Amex card (gold). I applied mine (blue cash) through credit karma (alporival odd was very good) and they approved me for $500. After I paid off my first statement, they raised my CL to $1500. And either 3-6 months afterwords, they raised it again to $4500. And the sent an offer for that hefty welcome bonus gold card in the mail within a year or so of being with them. So I’d say keep on time payment at 100% and UTI low (less than 9%) is key and give it another try! Smiley Wink
Current status: Gardening as of 5/2019 Projected: TBD

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and Welcome Aboard! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.